User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 121

Thread: La Liga | Round 8: FC Barcelona - Valencia CF 3-1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    31,910
    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: United States

    La Liga | Round 8: FC Barcelona - Valencia CF 3-1

    Sunday, 17 October, 21:00 CET

    -
    ----


  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    5,484
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cat radio reported that Ansu will start. I am intrigued.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,519
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    Cat radio reported that Ansu will start. I am intrigued.
    Meow! Good news.

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    Cat radio reported that Ansu will start. I am intrigued.
    Finally some good news, Ansu returning and Aguero debuting.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    14,402
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope we're not rushing him.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    behindbrowneyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,814
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can imagine Ansu is ready for a start. 3 games as a sub and 2 more weeks of full training during the international break. Surely not for a whole game, but 60-70 minutes and he should be fine. I'm excited for the next weeks. The return of Ansu and the debut of Aguero should make things easier for the team.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,519
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Restrictions have been removed. Camp Nou can now take in 100 % of its capacity.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    catalinutzR80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Posting perfection in the Women's thread
    Posts
    15,621
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    siiiiiiuuuuuuuuuu
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"


    - I will NOT watch another Barcelona game untill Valverde leaves -

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,218
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanna see a 3-4-3 against Valencia, that can manipulate their dangerous 4-4-2
    a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 would leave our backline exposed

    Wished XI:

    ----------MATS--------
    ----Pique-FDJ-Ming--
    -Dest-Gavi-Pedri-Alba
    ---Ansu-Kun-Depay

    Realistic XI:
    ----------MATS--------
    ----Pique-FDJ-Garcia--
    -Dest-Gavi-Busi-Alba
    ---Ansu-Kun-Depay
    1992

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    9,519
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    I wanna see a 3-4-3 against Valencia, that can manipulate their dangerous 4-4-2
    a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 would leave our backline exposed

    Wished XI:

    ----------MATS--------
    ----Pique-FDJ-Ming--
    -Dest-Gavi-Pedri-Alba
    ---Ansu-Kun-Depay

    Realistic XI:
    ----------MATS--------
    ----Pique-FDJ-Garcia--
    -Dest-Gavi-Busi-Alba
    ---Ansu-Kun-Depay
    Pedri is injured. Ansu to the right? Kun isn't ready to start.
    A midfield pairing with 17 year old Gavi being one of them is very risky.

  11. #11
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Nigeria
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    I wanna see a 3-4-3 against Valencia, that can manipulate their dangerous 4-4-2
    a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 would leave our backline exposed

    Wished XI:

    ----------MATS--------
    ----Pique-FDJ-Ming--
    -Dest-Gavi-Pedri-Alba
    ---Ansu-Kun-Depay

    Realistic XI:
    ----------MATS--------
    ----Pique-FDJ-Garcia--
    -Dest-Gavi-Busi-Alba
    ---Ansu-Kun-Depay
    You really have a thing for the 3-4-3 formation, don't you ? And Ansu on the right flank ? That's interesting because he doesn't really have much success when he previously played on the right flank for us.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,218
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbuck View Post
    You really have a thing for the 3-4-3 formation, don't you ? And Ansu on the right flank ? That's interesting because he doesn't really have much success when he previously played on the right flank for us.
    It's a way to fit both him and Depay, when we have no one else who can play as a winger.

    If Dembele was available, I would select either Ansu or Depay for CF, but it's not possible now,
    and I see playing a md like Gavi or Frenkie as RW terrible solution (we saw that vs Atletico)

    as for 3-4-3, it's the safest against even partially decent opposition.
    Valencia can kill us on the counter if we play 4-3-3 with Busi as pivot
    1992

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    14,402
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Every team can kill us on the counter if we play with Busi
    FTFY

    As for the rest of your lineup, I don't see Kun starting. He'll probably come on in 2nd half for Ansu.



    Also...

    Soon with rightwards arrow above Pronto

    100% Camp Nou


    https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona_es/s...04386140934147

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    i_bleed_blaugrana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Malaga, Spain
    Posts
    1,502
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbuck View Post
    You really have a thing for the 3-4-3 formation, don't you ? And Ansu on the right flank ? That's interesting because he doesn't really have much success when he previously played on the right flank for us.
    “ The modern variant 3-4-3 emerged in the late nineties as a revolutionary response to the classic system 4-4-2. ”

    https://www.sportifico.com/profeed/6...te-and-muslin/

    The 3-4-3 being a hard counter to the 4-4-2 has been established in the football tactical metagame for quite a while. Him correctly mentioning it might be a good idea to use this against Valencia has nothing to do with having a ‘thing’ for the 3-4-3. The rise of this crusty-ass, 4-4-2 brexit ball here (particularly in Andalucia…gross) is why even Simeone switched to a 3-back, despite starting the trend here.

    I have seen a lot worse suggestions in all fairness. I would only say Nico needs to be in for either Gavi or Pedri and I would prefer to see Depay most likely on the right for now but his ideal XI is pretty strong for this game.

    3-4-3, either flat or in the diamond, is getting a lot more tactical relevance in this environment and while I would like us to play our pure 433 as our base, there is merit in being able to play more than one formation effectively.

    I have been harping on about this for years here to no avail…

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    33,441
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_blaugrana View Post
    “ The modern variant 3-4-3 emerged in the late nineties as a revolutionary response to the classic system 4-4-2. ”

    https://www.sportifico.com/profeed/6...te-and-muslin/

    The 3-4-3 being a hard counter to the 4-4-2 has been established in the football tactical metagame for quite a while. Him correctly mentioning it might be a good idea to use this against Valencia has nothing to do with having a ‘thing’ for the 3-4-3. The rise of this crusty-ass, 4-4-2 brexit ball here (particularly in Andalucia…gross) is why even Simeone switched to a 3-back, despite starting the trend here.

    I have seen a lot worse suggestions in all fairness. I would only say Nico needs to be in for either Gavi or Pedri and I would prefer to see Depay most likely on the right for now but his ideal XI is pretty strong for this game.

    3-4-3, either flat or in the diamond, is getting a lot more tactical relevance in this environment and while I would like us to play our pure 433 as our base, there is merit in being able to play more than one formation effectively.

    I have been harping on about this for years here to no avail…
    Yea, 3-4-3 and 4-3-3 are basically sister formations. One morphs into the other basically whenever a midfielder drops to backline to aid 1st phase of build-up, which is almost every time when the opponent is pressuring and the ball is either at the keeper of at one of the 2 CBs.

    Xavi uses 3-4-3 a lot at Al Sadd someone said in his threat some weeks ago.

    For Barca football, 4-3-3 and 3-4-3 are basically the most advantageous (and any in-between shape that is created through the movement of players in different phases of the game).
    Last edited by serghei; 15th October 2021 at 04:09 PM.