----Pique-FDJ-Ming--
-Dest-Gavi-Pedri-Alba
---Ansu-Kun-Depay

Realistic XI:
----------MATS--------
----Pique-FDJ-Garcia--
-Dest-Gavi-Busi-Alba
---Ansu-Kun-Depay

You really have a thing for the 3-4-3 formation, don't you ? And Ansu on the right flank ? That's interesting because he doesn't really have much success when he previously played on the right flank for us.

Birdy

You really have a thing for the 3-4-3 formation, don't you ? And Ansu on the right flank ? That's interesting because he doesn't really have much success when he previously played on the right flank for us.

It's a way to fit both him and Depay, when we have no one else who can play as a winger.

If Dembele was available, I would select either Ansu or Depay for CF, but it's not possible now,
and I see playing a md like Gavi or Frenkie as RW terrible solution (we saw that vs Atletico)

as for 3-4-3, it's the safest against even partially decent opposition.
Valencia can kill us on the counter if we play 4-3-3 with Busi as pivot

Andresito

Staff member
Bring Aguero on for no more than 20 mins.

Kun Ag?ero finished yesterday's friendly game with very good feelings. Bar?a have in mind to play him for a minimum amount of 20 minutes against Valencia on Sunday. [md]

Kul_z

Lets hope our new number 10, youngest goalscorer in history of la liga and in the history of champions league scores against valencia.

Tag yourself believers

i_bleed_blaugrana

“ The modern variant 3-4-3 emerged in the late nineties as a revolutionary response to the classic system 4-4-2. ”

https://www.sportifico.com/profeed/665-3-4-3-from-pozzo-and-chapman-to-conte-and-muslin/

The 3-4-3 being a hard counter to the 4-4-2 has been established in the football tactical metagame for quite a while. Him correctly mentioning it might be a good idea to use this against Valencia has nothing to do with having a ‘thing’ for the 3-4-3. The rise of this crusty-ass, 4-4-2 brexit ball here (particularly in Andalucia…gross) is why even Simeone switched to a 3-back, despite starting the trend here.

I have seen a lot worse suggestions in all fairness. I would only say Nico needs to be in for either Gavi or Pedri and I would prefer to see Depay most likely on the right for now but his ideal XI is pretty strong for this game.

3-4-3, either flat or in the diamond, is getting a lot more tactical relevance in this environment and while I would like us to play our pure 433 as our base, there is merit in being able to play more than one formation effectively.

I have been harping on about this for years here to no avail…

serghei

“ The modern variant 3-4-3 emerged in the late nineties as a revolutionary response to the classic system 4-4-2. ”

https://www.sportifico.com/profeed/665-3-4-3-from-pozzo-and-chapman-to-conte-and-muslin/

The 3-4-3 being a hard counter to the 4-4-2 has been established in the football tactical metagame for quite a while. Him correctly mentioning it might be a good idea to use this against Valencia has nothing to do with having a ‘thing’ for the 3-4-3. The rise of this crusty-ass, 4-4-2 brexit ball here (particularly in Andalucia…gross) is why even Simeone switched to a 3-back, despite starting the trend here.

I have seen a lot worse suggestions in all fairness. I would only say Nico needs to be in for either Gavi or Pedri and I would prefer to see Depay most likely on the right for now but his ideal XI is pretty strong for this game.

3-4-3, either flat or in the diamond, is getting a lot more tactical relevance in this environment and while I would like us to play our pure 433 as our base, there is merit in being able to play more than one formation effectively.

I have been harping on about this for years here to no avail…

Yea, 3-4-3 and 4-3-3 are basically sister formations. One morphs into the other basically whenever a midfielder drops to backline to aid 1st phase of build-up, which is almost every time when the opponent is pressuring and the ball is either at the keeper of at one of the 2 CBs.

Xavi uses 3-4-3 a lot at Al Sadd someone said in his threat some weeks ago.

For Barca football, 4-3-3 and 3-4-3 are basically the most advantageous (and any in-between shape that is created through the movement of players in different phases of the game).

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Yea, 3-4-3 and 4-3-3 are basically sister formations. One morphs into the other basically whenever a midfielder drops to backline to aid 1st phase of build-up, which is almost every time when the opponent is pressuring and the ball is either at the keeper of at one of the 2 CBs.

Xavi uses 3-4-3 a lot at Al Sadd someone said in his threat some weeks ago.

For Barca football, 4-3-3 and 3-4-3 are basically the most advantageous (and any in-between shape that is created through the movement of players in different phases of the game).

What I am afraid of is Koeman is doing such a shit job with it that he will turn off the fans and board from accepting it in the future.

JohnN

Will miss the game and probably watch on Monday Morning. Hope this will be a turning point for us but expecting the worst as every time with this squad.

Home of Barca Fans