Julian Alvarez

gregorrin10

Question here is if it's really worth to pay 20m for a player whose contract expires in 12 months.

If we want him, yes. Someone will pay it, and unless Alvarez badly wants to play for us there's little room for negotiation. At some point River Plate would just keep him for another year.

If we (or no one else) will manage to lock him up soon or simply pay his release clause before January, River not only won't mind to keep him, they're actually actively trying to extend his contract and update his release clause from 25 to 40M. So yes, if we want to get him for 25M or less, we need to act now.

Andresito

Staff member
Not to forget that his contract is out in almost exactly 1 year. If River want any money, now is the time.

I doubt any of the big clubs will get him. It's a good opportunity for Dortmund, but I can't really see them buying a young player from Argentina.
He'd be smart to choose a club where he can play regularly.

soul24rage

As an Argentinian fan, mixed feeling about this.

For Alvarez's long term career, Pep can really level up his game.

On the other hand, with the WC coming up, I would like him to go to an European club where they will give him a lot of game time. Also looks like the transfer will most likely happen in June.

Andresito

Staff member
18.5m. Will join in July.

FJ-NbmGXEAEF6s2

Home of Barca Fans