Julian Alvarez

Messi983

NYKB7A7TQRDWNBM7K3IB22XQYY.jpg

ja.png

Compared to Kun Aguero in Argentina. I usually prefer taller strikers but he has really caught my attention lately. He can do it all. Score, assist, work in defense. Has 7 goals and 4 assists in 11 league games so far, including two goals to give River a win in Superclasico last week.

Also made NT debut this summer. A move to Europe is surely coming soon so will be interesting to follow where he'll go and how he'll progress. Real Madrid is apparently interested (he was already on trial with them when only 11 but couldn't sign him as he was too young). Probably also wouldn't be the worst move to get Gallardo and Alvarez in a package deal in December. ;)

Messi983

8 goals and 4 assists in last 5 league games for River. He's really a hot name right now. Wouldn't surprise me if he'd come to Europe in January or at least some transfer arranged for next summer.

If this would be 2018 and we'd still have Suarez (or if Kun would be a few years younger) playing on a good level and looking for his longterm replacement he could be a very solid signing if available for relatively cheap. This would be ideal situation for him as he could take a year or two to adapt not playing under too much pressure coming mostly off the bench and potentially (if good enough) take over as a starter when ready.

But in current situation we need someone who can start immediately and I doubt a kid straight from South America could do that. Maybe he can, maybe he can't. I'm not sure what our other options are though. Adeyemi who would be my personal favorite seemingly prefers to return to Germany and likes of Isak or Vlahovic who are also rumoured would probably cost 2-3 times more than Alvarez and while they're more proven in Europe and I like them both it's also far from guaranteed they would succeed here so Alvarez could still be worth considering. We can play Ansu/Memphis upfront until he adapts but we'd need to bring at least another starting quality winger (regardless if Dembouz stays or not) and maybe another cheaper one to add more depth (could also be a bit older one as we already have a lot of kids; or just keep MB for that role as he's already here and we're unlikely to get much for him anyway). Although Alvarez could also play as a winger.

All that said I don't think he's really on our shortlist. We'll probably chase Haaland until he and other potential alternatives will go elsewhere and then panicly buy someone like Lacazette or Aubameyang.

Messi983

He's absolutely on fire. Has scored 4 goals yesterday (granted against one of the worst teams in the league but still) and now has 15 goals and 5 assists in 16 league games.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Someone to keep an eye on despite his height. South American football is physical and I don't think a player like this have stood out in Argentina for a long time.

Zebulun

Someone to keep an eye on despite his height. South American football is physical and I don't think a player like this have stood out in Argentina for a long time.

agreed, i actually think he'd be a better fit for us than arthur cabral. scores with both feet, pacy and his movement is great.

Home of Barca Fans