Julian Alvarez

wisconsincule

Looks decent from his YouTube videos but that doesn’t mean much now a days…

Still sign him up. Barca need multiple attacking players. These are the types of deals they need to be making. Not trying to buy him from his next team.

Porque

So what's the story with Julian Alvarez?

He is having a standout season and broken into the National setup. Last year he hardly even started though and will turn 22 in January.

Can't argue with him being at the right moment form wise to jump to Europe though, and we are very desperate for someone who has the instinct to score.

Can't judge much from his HL package, but the aesthetic of his finishes reminds me of Suarez. Get the feeling he would struggle if we signed him though.

gregorrin10

This is the kind of signing I would totally expect Ajax to make and then he'd turn into an absolute beast and they'd sell him for triple the money spent in a couple of seasons. Considering our current financial status we should really be looking for exactly such players/deals that Ajax have been. Will have no other choice anyway, won't be able to afford the Coutinhos, Dembeles and the Griezmanns of the world (waiting for players to turn world class in another top club and then pay big money for them) for the next 5 years at least. Will have to actually do some proper scouting, bring players from smaller teams more. Which I think will actually coincide well with Laporta's reign. I'm pretty sure even if we could do it, that wasn't/won't be the direction under Laporta and Xavi. Anyway, back to Ajax, Lisandro Martinez being the latest example of that brilliant scouting from South America. As for Alvarez, he'd be a bargain even if we pay the 25M release clause. If we manage to negotiate a lower price, even bigger. #GoForIt

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's a big risk tbh, but they'll have to scout players like this and take some of these risks. Make transfers under 40m and hope they work out.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Some talk about Mateu Alemany traveling to Argentina on Monday to talk with River Plate about him.

Home of Barca Fans