2021 Ballon d'Or

Horatio

You're welcome
Ronaldo should've never won it. If they were going purely for individual stats Lewandowski or Benzema.
Also don't understand why people keep bringing Salah into mix. Man turned on two months before voting ended.

El Gato

Villarato!
The only reason i was so sure is that the source was Benz's friend. He had everything right until now so what are the chances that he was going to get it wrong this time...

'Why would he know anything' is the question you should have asked yourself so long ago lol
What is the precedent that led you to think that any journalist can get a scoop from Benzema or FF offices and turned out to be right?

Horatio

You're welcome
'Why would he know anything' is the question you should have asked yourself so long ago lol
What is the precedent that led you to think that any journalist can get a scoop from Benzema or FF offices and turned out to be right?

He explained. Said he had a 100% correct call rate so far.

Horatio

You're welcome
If someone drove a car for 30 years and then got asked to reverse a lorry into a barn, would you be 100% sure he'd not hit the door?

Very bad analogy in the first place.

Secondly: At least ask me if I would be sure someone to reverse lorry into a barn when I have seen him perform it successfully 10 times before.

Thirdly: Ask [MENTION=553]Benzema10[/MENTION], not me. He was the one that was sure Benzema would win it because that friend "was right about everything else so far"

Zidane82

Balon Dor

On current form .. and even since Sept I would say Salah is comfortably the best player in the world . The only player I would put close to him would be Haaland then Lewa .

I still think Messi is the best player overall ... considering his assists / linkup / ability to score goals though .

Hes kinda like KDB for creative ability and Salah for his finishing ability- that makes him totally unique in todays football imho

Horatio

You're welcome
Balon Dor

On current form .. and even since Sept I?d say Salah is comfortably the best player in the world . The only player I?d put close to him would be Haaland then Lewa .

Issue with Salah being on form from September on is there is only 1/1.5 month left till voting ends.

El Gato

Villarato!
I'm asking you because you're the one cartwheeling for him as if he had sound reasoning for trusting the source. Which is nonsense.

Analogy is fine and you're wrongly placing equivalence on reporting in one area and reporting in another where different mechanisms are at play.
Journalist with 100% call rate in one area can be completely wrong in another where no precedent has been set. Plus the journo had vested interest in Benzema with posters plastered all over his office. Red flags everywhere.
Hence my earlier question - has there been a case when someone called BDO 1 month ahead of the gala after the vote closed?

OGbarca

Banned
okay, i have calmed down since Monday, but i still think--and, given the varied reactions across the world of football, not unreasonably--that Messi did not deserve this award. his abysmal performance yesterday, which is basically all we have seen of him since the season started, highlights just why it is so silly to say that he is 'the best' when there are others--salah, benzema, lewa--who are playing better.

hell, have any of you seen vinivius play lately? that kid is on fire right now

Horatio

You're welcome
okay, i have calmed down since Monday, but i still think--and, given the varied reactions across the world of football, not unreasonably--that Messi did not deserve this award. his abysmal performance yesterday, which is basically all we have seen of him since the season started, highlights just why it is so silly to say that he is 'the best' when there are others--salah, benzema, lewa--who are playing better.

hell, have any of you seen vinivius play lately? that kid is on fire right now

He's back!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The winners knew beforehand that they were going to win, right? Because they had to shoot those tributary and congratulatory videos well ahead of time, right?

Home of Barca Fans