2021 Ballon d'Or

KingLeo10

IMO if the award was open worldwide Maradona could have gotten the award 3 or 4 times. I mean I can't think of any better player between the Platini and Gullit/Van Basten dominated era which span around 4 years, between 1983-1988.

Unfortunately the cocaine addiction, which he admitted started during his Barca days, got to him in the end. By 1991 he had declined and wasn't himself anymore.

France Football published an article (https://www.francefootball.fr/news/...ll-aurait-pu-remporter-diego-maradona/1187918) on who they would have given the award to if it had been open worldwide.

Pele "won" it 7 times under that revision, and Maradona 2 times (1986, 1990).

Richard.H

This is where that meme of Pakistani guy dumping one friend for another would be appropriate.

c2f.jpg

malvolio

Sooo

Luka Modric, who ended Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo?s duopoly to win the best male footballer of the year in 2018, failed to receive a single vote in Ballon dOr 2021.

That shouldn't have happened. Objectively speaking no other players came close to those two.

Messi should have 9 and Ronaldo 3.

Zidane82

Iker Casillas left Messi out of his top 3 in his voting for the 2012 Ballon dOr (the year in which Messi scored a humble 91 goals) and still feels he can discredit the Ballon dOr on the basis of Messi?s win this year.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Gabriele Marcotti:::

Still angry about the Ballon D'Or?

Maybe you'll chill out once you realize who the voters are and what the criteria are (especially things like "career achievement" and "talent"). Then maybe you'll treat this for what it is: a spectacle, not an MVP award.

iniestaGOAT

Gabriele Marcotti:::

Still angry about the Ballon D'Or?

Maybe you'll chill out once you realize who the voters are and what the criteria are (especially things like "career achievement" and "talent"). Then maybe you'll treat this for what it is: a spectacle, not an MVP award.

The ESPN FC Pundits have done a lot of whining about this. They are all clowns too.

Benzema10

Official Lyon representative
I admit i was wrong. The only reason i was so sure is that the source was Benz's friend. He had everything right until now so what are the chances that he was going to get it wrong this time... anyways 2 days before the ceremony i knew he wasn't going to win and i made peace since then. Enjoy the 7th ballon d'or 👍.

Zidane82

I saw something the other day ( I wish I had copied it now ) .. suggesting that Cronaldo should have won this years award simply because he is the ULTIMATE team player !!

Some of his fans are completely deluded/delusional whilst I feel Messi has more level headed admirers.

Home of Barca Fans