2021 Ballon d'Or

Rassvet

October 8, 2021: revelation of the nominees

November 29, 2021: Ballon d'or 2021 ceremony at the Theatre du Chatelet in Paris

Last edited:

Rassvet

Robert Lewandowski on the Ballon d'Or: "I realize that every good performance, be it in the national team or the club, strengthens my position in this vote. Over the last 2 seasons I have won a lot of awards and I think I have shown that I can think about winning the Ballon d'Or"

Messigician

Robert Lewandowski on the Ballon d'Or: "I realize that every good performance, be it in the national team or the club, strengthens my position in this vote. Over the last 2 seasons I have won a lot of awards and I think I have shown that I can think about winning the Ballon d'Or"

Sneaky stinky Pole, is bringing attention to Messi's poor performances

Rassvet

If Lewy wins it, at least his case to be the second best of this generation gets even stronger.

Rassvet

Lineker was quizzed on who he thought would win the individual award and told Marca : "It will be difficult to overcome Messi. He had a great first part of the season and then he won the Copa America with Argentina

Rassvet

:lol::lol::lol: Had a good laugh. Thanks dawg :mou:

Why? It would be 5-1 Ronaldo if Lewa wins it this year but then you look at it more closely:

Ronaldo robbed Ribery in 2013 when they extended the voting while Lewa was robbed unequivocally last year. That makes it 4-2.

Also, Real robbing Bayern in the 2017 CL won the ballon for CR when Lewa probably would have gotten it otherwise had Bayern advanced and won it all. That makes it 3-3.

Basically, Lewa should be level with Ronaldo if he wins it this year while being several years younger and having worse teams around him (especially at international level) in his career.

KingLeo10

Why? It would be 5-1 Ronaldo if Lewa wins it this year but then you look at it more closely:

Ronaldo robbed Ribery in 2013 when they extended the voting while Lewa was robbed unequivocally last year. That makes it 4-2.

Also, Real robbing Bayern in the 2017 CL won the ballon for CR when Lewa probably would have gotten it otherwise had Bayern advanced and won it all. That makes it 3-3.

Basically, Lewa should be level with Ronaldo if he wins it this year while being several years younger and having worse teams around him (especially at international level) in his career.

Lewa is a great player but he started dominating to Messi/CR7 levels when the level of competition in CL declined. He certainly wasn't producing to current level from 12-19 in CL except for that year at Dortmund, while Messi and CR7 won their CLs when super teams were still around.

He is IMO the best striker of this generation and one of the top 10 (maybe even pushing top 5) all time but giving him 3 Ballon D'Ors is crazy talk. He fully deserves the 2020 one, and probably has equal claim with Messi for this year's. So that's definitely 1, maybe 2.

P.S. Ribery not winning it in 2013 doesn't mean the award would have gone to Lewa. You can subtract 1 from CR7 but can't add to Lewa's for that year :lol:

Morten

Lewa is a great player but he started dominating to Messi/CR7 levels when the level of competition in CL declined. He certainly wasn't producing to current level from 12-19 in CL except for that year at Dortmund, while Messi and CR7 won their CLs when super teams were still around.

He is IMO the best striker of this generation and one of the top 10 (maybe even pushing top 5) all time but giving him 3 Ballon D'Ors is crazy talk. He fully deserves the 2020 one, and probably has equal claim with Messi for this year's. So that's definitely 1, maybe 2.

P.S. Ribery not winning it in 2013 doesn't mean the award would have gone to Lewa. You can subtract 1 from CR7 but can't add to Lewa's for that year :lol:

Besides, i would argue 2013 was Ronaldos most deserved Ballon Dor, it was his best individual calendar year.
Yes, the rule changes at the end likely swayed it, but i still believe it was completely deserved.

Home of Barca Fans