2021 Ballon d'Or

Mateka

Nominated for the best goalkeepers Troph?e Yachine award:
Thibaut Courtois (BEL/Real Madrid), Gianluigi Donnarumma (ITA/PSG/Milan), Ederson (BRA/Man City), Samir Handanovic (SLN/Inter), Emiliano Martinez (ARG/Aston Villa), Edouard Mendy (SEN/Chelsea), Keylor Navas (CRI/PSG), Manuel Neuer (GER/FC Bayern), Jan Oblak (SLN/Atl?tico Madrid), Kasper Schmeichel (DAN/Leicester).

Looks like Donnarumma to me. Though I’d give it to Ederson.

Xaviniesta

messi is winning it. he plays in france now and that will sway some votes in his favor

gotta feel for lewandowski though. he deserves some sort of recognition for his form these last couple of years. ronaldo won ballon d'ors for much less

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Messi: "In my team, there are two players who I would obviously vote for; Neymar and Mbappe. Then there are players who have had great years individually, like Lewandowski, and Karim Benzema as well, who was great."

Neymar? :lol: There is no sense for letting captains vote, the most of the them just vote their team mates.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

messi is winning it. he plays in france now and that will sway some votes in his favor

gotta feel for lewandowski though. he deserves some sort of recognition for his form these last couple of years. ronaldo won ballon d'ors for much less

Would be nice if they would give ballon dor 2020 for lewa additional but seems like they wont do it.

Daisymorr

I have always thought Messi deserves it but not this year, I know he won Copa America which is a massive achievement for him but really they only had to beat Brazil to win that and that was on Pens. Barca won nothing although Messi was great.

Lewandowski deserves the Ballon D'Or this year I think anyway.

1: Lewa
2: Messi
3: Mbappe/Salah

JohnN

I have always thought Messi deserves it but not this year, I know he won Copa America which is a massive achievement for him but really they only had to beat Brazil to win that and that was on Pens. Barca won nothing although Messi was great.

Because there was only the final, right?
It's not like Argentina are some massive team so much better than the others over there. They are all pretty equal except Brazil who are arguably better.
They barely got to the world cup finals last time around.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Mbappe? He was crap at EURO and didnt play against city. His hattrick against us was immense but otherwise i dont see many good things from him this year. Salah / Big benz are surely over him.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Because there was only the final, right?
It's not like Argentina are some massive team so much better than the others over there. They are all pretty equal except Brazil who are arguably better.
They barely got to the world cup finals last time around.

I would also put Messi over lewa this year, especially because of the first half of this year but brazil this year was nothing special, argentinia was surely the best team at Copa.

Mateka

Pedri well done. I think too early but whatever, happy to see him get nominated.

The 2021 Kopa Trophy Nominees

Mason Greenwood (Manchester United/England)
Bukayo Saka (Arsenal/England)
Pedri (Barcelona/Spain)
Jeremy Doku (Rennes/Belgium)
Ryan Gravenberch (Ajax/Netherlands)
Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich/Germany)
Florian Wirtz (Bayer Leverkusen/Germany)
Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund/England)
Giovanni Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/USA)
Nuno Mendes (Paris Saint-Germain/Portugal)

Mateka

Salah.

Ederson.

Bellingham.

I know none of them will win. They all have UK links and the French will do everything to make sure they do not win.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Salah.

Ederson.

Bellingham.

I know none of them will win. They all have UK links and the French will do everything to make sure they do not win.

This is silly.

They have no chance of winning anyway. They don't even deserve top three on merit of individual performances.

KingLeo10

Salah.

Ederson.

Bellingham.

Your EPL/City bias is another tier lad.

Salah has had a great start to 21/22 season...but he wasn't all that from Jan - July of this year.

Not even going to entertain Ederson or Bellingham...they are nobodies.

El Gato

Villarato!
Messi was a lock since the summer. Only going to be more obvious once returns from injury.

Foden being there is hilarious.

Rassvet

The 2021 Kopa Trophy Nominees

Mason Greenwood (Manchester United/England)
Bukayo Saka (Arsenal/England)
Pedri (Barcelona/Spain)
Jeremy Doku (Rennes/Belgium)
Ryan Gravenberch (Ajax/Netherlands)
Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich/Germany)
Florian Wirtz (Bayer Leverkusen/Germany)
Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund/England)
Giovanni Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/USA)
Nuno Mendes (Paris Saint-Germain/Portugal)

Gio Reyna :thumbsup:

Home of Barca Fans