Administrator
Staff member
Saturday, October 2, 22:00 CET

srAAE0bOnCppUrlbJpFiHQ_96x96.png
-
paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png

-------

mc_lovin

Our defence should be a pretty good fit against Suarez and Griezmann (famous last words). I expect a close game decided by one or two mistakes (like the games vs them last season).

Messi983

At this point I'd take a boring 0-0 draw.

With Koeman suspended we'll also have another look at Schreuder. I know it will still be Koeman preparing the team in training, setting the lineup and giving instructions via phone but we'll see how players will react to Schreuder's presence in a tougher game. He looked quite involved against Levante but obviously this time it will be different. Tbh I wouldn't be against him taking over as interim manager until December and then try to bring Gallardo.

But not really the right thread to talk about coaches so back to the game.

Expected lineup: knowing Koeman probably the same that has played against Benfica with maybe Alba returning and Dest moving to RB (or Oscar starting there).

What I would do:

MATS; Oscar, Araujo, FDJ, Garcia, Dest; Nico, Gavi, Pedri; Demir, Memphis

Will surely never happen but just go all out with the kids.

It's a 3 atb system at the start with FDJ dropping between both CBs but could easily be changed to a 4-3-3 (4-1-2-1-2) if needed. With no wingers we don't really have a team to start a 4-3-3 unless we want to play Cou as a LW and/or LDJ as a #9 which I both don't want to see. But if one of them has to start I think this is the game when Luuk could actually be more useful than Cou trying to occupy Atletico's CBs and maybe open up some space for Memphis who (unless Fati will get the last 20 minutes or so which I don't really consider a good idea vs these butchers) I think will again be our best and only player who can create some danger.

Anyway, stack midfield with players who can still run and hopefully keep up with a physical Atleti team. I know there is a big question mark about Garcia - but alternatives are Pique and Lenglet - and if younger midfielders besides Pedri can do that but just give them a chance and see what happens. Even if we'd get trashed (which is unlikely considering AM don't score much) I'd take that result different than previous beatings against top teams when our beloved captains were starting. Losing a close game also wouldn't be end of the world as long as they would learn something. Much better than starting Busi, Geri and co. because "they give us better chances to win" only to lose/potentially get embarrased against a good team for the thousandth time with absolutely zero hope they'll ever do better (if anything they'll get worse every time).

Andresito

Staff member
Staff needs to fuck off with the 3 ATB. I can't stand it. Players apparently can't either.

Luuk needs to fuck off as well. Absolutely worthless player.

fergus90

Quite honestly a draw would feel like a win at the moment especially against tough opposition.

But knowing Barca's current fortunes it's gonna be 2-0 with Suarez & Griezmann scoring :lol:

JedBanker

I predict Griezmann to run riot against us. I predict Koeman to use the good ol 3 at the back that has brought us so much success under him and start Marc Bartras natural successor Garcia.

Birdy

What I wanna see:

---------MATS------
Oscar-Arauj-Garc-Dest
------FDJ---Gavi
-Demir-Cou--Memphis
--------Luuk

What we will see:

-------------MATS------
Robert-Arauj-Pique-Garc-alba
------------Busi
--------FDJ--Cou/Gavi
--------Luuk--Memphis

kattanib

Dear Cow,

If you will lose anyways, at least lose with grace. 433 with our youngsters sir.

Sincerely,
Your Milking Hands

kattanib

What I wanna see:

---------MATS------
Oscar-Arauj-Garc-Dest
------FDJ---Gavi
-Demir-Cou--Memphis
--------Luuk

What we will see:

-------------MATS------
Robert-Arauj-Pique-Garc-alba
------------Busi
--------FDJ--Cou/Gavi
--------Luuk--Memphis

:puke: disgusting suggestion of a lineup eewwwwwww

malvolio

1-0 or 0-0(if we're lucky) game. Atletico isn't the kind of team to kill us and we're not able to score in a brothel right now.

Porque

Best chance is to crowd the midfield and play the percentages. Late in the game we can decide if the match benefits Ansu or Luuk.

Oh, and our 352 has run its course.

Steg
Mingueza-Pique-Araujo-Dest
---Roberto-Busi-de Jong---
---Gavi--Depay--Cou/Puig--

Home of Barca Fans