Andrea Pirlo: An Analysis

Messigician

Greetings, I'll be discussing why Laporta may be interested in Pirlo.

Firstly, his football brain, he is known to be extremely astute tactically having played in a variety of midfield positions and different tactical setups.

He is noted for not feeling any pressure and keeping a calm head as well as his astute leadership qualities whichearned him the respect of everyone in Italy due to his time with the national teAm.

Michael Cox of ESPN said in 2011 that Pirlo "speaks about football with the thoughtfulness of [Pep] Guardiola." It's high praise to be compared with one of the game's greatest coaches, and Pirlo has tentative plans to go into coaching once he has finally hung up his boots.

He speaks fluent English and Spanish.

Michael Cox of ESPN said in 2011 that Pirlo "speaks about football with the thoughtfulness of [Pep] Guardiola." It's high praise to be compared with one of the game's greatest coaches, and Pirlo has tentative plans to go into coaching once he has finally hung up his boots.

Pirlo received his UEFA Pro Licence on 16 September 2020.[289] Pirlo received 107 out of 110 after his oral validation of his 30-page thesis, entitled "The football that I would like" (Italian: Il calcio che vorrei).[290] Pirlo cited the teams that "inspired [his] idea of football" as "the Barcelona of Johan Cruyff and then of Pep Guardiola.

Honours

Coppa Italia: 2020?21
Supercoppa Italiana:2020

Although he didn't do the best at Juventus winning two titles in a year with a fairly weak team and no midfield isnt that bad.

He was sacked as allegri was available and he was very cheap to sack on low wages woukd probably ask for low wages here too.

Lastly he only plays 433 and actual Tiki Taka for better or worse

can see why Laporta might want him as the next Rijkaard

Last edited:

Rassvet

Nice thread. I can't wait to defend Pirlo 24/7 on here if he gets the job. How is his Spanish btw? I hope communication isn't going to be an issue.

Messigician

What some Juventus fans think of Pirlo.

Sep 23, 2021
#22,943
Only coach that gave our youth a chance

Sep 22, 2021
#22,941
Imagine us meeting Barca, with Pirlo as their coach, in a future UCL final!

Sep 22, 2021
#22,939
conte got cesena or some other farmer team relegated in serie b early in his career. look at his accomplishments now.

pirlo can turn it around for sure.

Aug 28, 2021
#22,901
Sorry mister, it was not your fault. You were solid coach with stupid management. We didn't deserve you!

Aug 28, 2021
#22,902
Baby come back?

Sep 11, 2021
#22,909
Pls comeback

khaled_a_d

I can't find anything regarding him speaking Spanish. He speaks English well btw
I don't think we have many players who don't speak English anymore

Bobo32

He was a good player, very dependent on excellent technique and an intuition for solving situations on the pitch...
He got a UEFA Pro License, like any coach elegible to coach in the higher tiers. 2017, there were 2379 spanish men and 44 women with that license...
He speaks spanish and english fluently...
A football writer thought he spoke thoughtfully 10 years ago...

Nice analysis, I am fully on board now! Him getting sacked after not even one year is no negative, only positive! He got good experience in Europe!

Messigician

He was a good player, very dependent on excellent technique and an intuition for solving situations on the pitch...
He got a UEFA Pro License, like any coach elegible to coach in the higher tiers. 2017, there were 2379 spanish men and 44 women with that license...
He speaks spanish and english fluently...
A football writer thought he spoke thoughtfully 10 years ago...

Nice analysis, I am fully on board now! Him getting sacked after not even one year is no negative, only positive! He got good experience in Europe!

Sarcasm not appreciated

Bobo32

Sarcasm not appreciated

Sorry! But you will have to sell him better!
I think he was a natural talent as a footballer, one who didn't have to work very hard or think too much. I doubted him before he took over Juventus and I can't say I'm more hyped now.

Birdy

It will be interesting to find a thread or article with some ACTUAL ANALYSIS of his tenure at Juve and his football ideas

Messigician

Sorry! But you will have to sell him better!
I think he was a natural talent as a footballer, one who didn't have to work very hard or think too much. I doubted him before he took over Juventus and I can't say I'm more hyped now.

So was Rijkaard

Messigician

Pirlo is the luke Skywalker of managers.

Failed at Juve but could see some signs of promise

( Empire strikes back Luke vs Vader)

Now he is back older and wiser with a point to prove.

Bobo32

Pirlo is the luke Skywalker of managers.

Failed at Juve but could see some signs of promise

( Empire strikes back Luke vs Vader)

Now he is back older and wiser with a point to prove.

This is more like it!

Who cares what Coxy said 2011, or what Pirlos wine tastes like. I can't wait for the continuing star wars saga, who will be his father etc.

Home of Barca Fans