The Worst Takes of The Valverde Era

Horatio

You're welcome
Let's begin

mssarm 02:48 PM 13th January 2020
Retardo?s agent is asking for 27 M for dismissal and humiliation. This guy is all about money. Doesn?t have a pride nor decency

God Serena 02:59 PM 13th January 2020
Originally Posted by Vilarrubi:
I had a read of their forum yesterday. Nearly all of them want Valverde to stay, says a lot about how fans from other clubs see him. Reminds me of when we wanted Benitez to stay at RM.
I'm like 90% certain most of the the famed cult of Valverde actually had their accounts hacked my Madridistas and were working overtime to keep us down.

This entire Valverde nightmare has seemed like blatant Madrid tampering, so it's not outside the realm of possibility

Marshall D Teach 02:19 PM 13th January 2020
Originally Posted by Tackle:

Iconic.
The face of a man who set out to destroy FC Barcelona and accomplished it

Barcilliant 01:21 AM 13th January 2020
If Shitverde had any class I would have defended him. However he is such a spineless, money grabbing weasel that he actually deserves this and more. 99%of managers out there would have resigned but this clown shamelessly stays on

An actual gold quote from Nostradamus [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

BBZ8800 09:23 AM 13th January 2020
I see a lot of Titanic names thrown around: Pimienta, Setien, Gabriel Milito.

If the board hires one of them, we deserve to sink as low as possible

Originally Posted by jairzinho:
Barto has got to be on some crystal meth, I can?t understand how this guy loves Valverde so much. What?s he seeing that the rest of us aren?t.?

serghei 07:35 PM 12th January 2020
Originally Posted by Barcilliant:
Why hasn't Shitverde resigned? He has had his underwear pulled down in public and he's still hanging on.

He wasn't motivated before this speculation. Now he won't even show up to training.
Because Valverde is determined to do everything to remain manager. He doesn't really care about his reputation or else he'd have retired after Liverpool. This is probably an attempt to make the board feel guilty and keep him. Maybe even extend him as an apology .

Raketa10 03:50 PM 7th November 2019
The more I think the more Koeman looks like the best choice at the moment.

Raketa10 10:02 PM 7th November 2019
Originally Posted by BBZ8800:
EV won 2 La Ligas in 2 years.
Barca won 2 La Ligas with M(S)N in 4 years prior to that.

Now, you guys would trade EV for a guy (Gallardo) who ended in Argentinian league:
2015: 9th
2016: 9th
2016/17: 2nd
2017/18: 8th
2018/19: 4th

Sorry guys, but this falls into a category: ANYTHING is better than XX and we would pick ANY option instead of him.
A guy ended only once in top3 in his 5 years in Argentina.

Yet, he is worth a shot over a coach who ended the 1st in his 2 Barca's seasons
With that logic, you and me are also worth a shot as a coach...
I agree with you Koeman is definitely a better option. What's even more important he has the balls to make some bald decisions. He is a Barca legend and he was a top footballer. Gallardo on the other side is a pure gamble, he could turn out to be a world class coach but also a new Sampaoli. Problem with Koeman is that we can't get him before summer.

The famous [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] quote

Originally Posted by serghei:
I think we're approaching a moment in time where we need a 'Anyone but Valverde' option

Originally Posted by Ascom:
My choice went to Mikel Arteta. I have big expectations about him, he is a product of La Masia but played in Everton and Arsenal but he is in his 3rd year as assistant coach of Pep Guardiola and it's not anyone who gets that job. So yes, i would like to risk on someone like him

Cule4life 09:13 AM 29th May 2019
Originally Posted by Messigician:
Zzzzzz as usual the only trophy you care about is champioms league, you're the definition of spoiled entitled plastic fans who hopped on during the pep era and didn't experience the dark times.
La liga and CL are the trophies that matter, with Copa as a nice addition. A one off game like the Supercup and Club world cup are mickey mouse trophies.

Entitled? Ahahhaha keep sucking that Valgreen lollipop and enjoy his exciting football worthy of a billion dollar squad and the remontadas, you low IQ troll

clemente 09:29 PM 28th May 2019
Sarri just left the training angry. The guy is so opposite of Valverde, I want someone like him to get angry at players and tell them how it is. Right now Pique could play beach volleyball in training and EV wouldn't even make an eye contact. Sarri please happen

serghei 09:31 PM 15th April 2018
Valverde is a pretty confused manager. Takes conflicting decisions. Odd ones. It's like he's on a mission to sabotage this team in CL. Was on a mission actually, because he accomplished it with flying colors.

The only thing consistent about him was his cowardice and debilitative conservatorism. Trusted Dembele vs Chelsea than barely played him a full game after that. Barely played Semedo before his injury, even leaving him the stands, then plays him 3 full games in 8 days without any prep game after his hamstring problem. Semedo was already showing signs of tiredness late in the Leganes game. Almost never played Semedo - Roberto together at the same time, and then, bam, all of a sudden, does it out of the blue in the biggest games this season. I swear, it's like a kid toying with firecrackers in the house setting the whole place on fire. Then the firemen came, put out the fire, only some minor damage is registered. Family is happy, but the kid does it again the first chance he's left alone. And one time, the firemen are late and the whole house turns to ashes.

But wait. There's more. Valverde had many chances to integrate Mina and give himself a different type of defender, a strong player capable of getting into these tough physical duels and winning them. But, incredibly, he failed to do that after giving the dude only 1 game in which, funny enough, he was among the best in an under-performing team on the day. He almost got us a win vs Getafe, proving he is not only strong in defense, but also an asset on set pieces, something we don't have in the team. Valverde himself says players are tired after Sevilla, but the dude isn't even able to rest them properly in the Leganes match with an extensive lead in La Liga. Messi and Suarez are, and this is proven with facts, the most used over 30+ players in the world, playing way more minutes than any other player of their age this season. But, no, we can't have 30m. Alcacer vs such a big and highly rated team like Leganes. Nope, only Messi and Suarez will do. There's so many conflicting decisions this manager made during the season, that it's a miracle we managed to stay undefeated for so long in La Liga. Miracles don't work for long, as the roma game proved.

Originally Posted by khaled_a_d:
You see, he was considered a Crujif student and abandoned it here. It does't take the fact he isn't a Crujif student. Because students don't have to stick to their master philosophy all the time unlike Veggie.
And that is the whole point, some coaches may play that sexy football in certain situation, it doesn't mean they will stick to it all the time. Doesn't mean they will translate in every other club btw.
Setien is a nice coach, but he almost 60 with 3 years of experience in 1st division. It is just way too risky to have a coach like him to manage one of the most expensive squads in the world
I don't see him as a Cruyff student. You have to share his ideas to be called that. He doesn't. No point in prolonging this too much. Valverde is completely, unequivocally, a no go for me past this season.

No, students don't have to follow their master plan to a letter. But they can't basically turn everything upside down by playing a totally different brand of football. Defensive parking the bus football + long balls is night and day in terms of football compared with Cruyff

El Flaco 04:11 PM 11th November 2018
His Real Betis side won 4-2 against us at Camp Nou and we were completely outplayed.

I wouldn't mind to have Setien as our next coach if Valverde somehow leaves after this season (the board won't sack him)

El Flaco 04:22 PM 11th November 2018
Being the only away coach to take a win at Bernabeu & Camp Nou over a decade is actually incredible

henias 04:54 PM 11th November 2018
If I was the board, I would go for Setien immediately, could possibly be the best replacement right now. But knowing the board, they will probably keep EV or screw up with another "BaRcA DNA".

This guy absolutely outclassed us in every way possible, the way he transformed this Betis side is incredible. This guy definitely knows his football, the way they kept possession and transition into a 4 men counter attack. Inevitably I felt really happy for him. Better than seeing a motionless, expressionless coach with autopilot subs every week

FCBarca 07:32 AM 12th November 2018
Great example of the difference in tactics between Valverde & Setien with the latter being the more appropriate fit for Barcelona. Fewer resources yet outplayed Barcelona at Camp Nou for long stretches. The good, I hope, is that we are in the final stretch with Valverde at the helm - he was never the right choice for this club

And GOATBZ8800 Replied with

Originally Posted by FCBarca:
Great example of the difference in tactics between Valverde & Setien with the latter being the more appropriate fit for Barcelona. Fewer resources yet outplayed Barcelona at Camp Nou for long stretches. The good, I hope, is that we are in the final stretch with Valverde at the helm - he was never the right choice for this club
Double standards again.
Yes, Betis have outplayed us yesterday.

But on the other hand, if Quique is THAT good, and if his tactics are THAT good for Barca, why has Betis won only 13 points in the first 11 matches of a season, before yesterday's match.

The only thing which we can conclude about Quique this season is:
1. his team has outplayed Barca
2. his team plays like a total shit in majority of other games, inspite of his "genius" tactics

I mean, even EV was 7th with Bilbao, and once when he left, Bilbao dropped from 63 points to 43 points.
That implies that he was a magician at Bilbao, who brought an average team to an Uefa cup level.
We can nitpick stats that way forever.

It is hard to conclude how good is someone based on his results with smaller teams, and especially based on 1-2 matches against big teams.

tru

Messigician

Fans deserve this for the way they treated Goatverde.

Barto only mistake was not being strong until until the end and keeping Valverde.

Winning doubles and teaching champions league semi finals not good enough for spoiled fans.

Enjoy learning Europa league anthem, my goat can beat elite teams like Madrid without Messi 5-1 and Conte with Rafinha while sleeping.

still people wished for his death.

Now suffer

Last edited:

jamrock

Worst take on valverde.

Barcelona 4 vs Roma 1 CL 2018
Return leg
Roma 3 - Barcelona 0.

May 2019
Barcelona 3 - Liverpool 0
Return leg
Liverpool 4 - 0 Barcelona

KingLeo10

I could do alot I encourage fans to dig up old posts name and shame the haters

Yeah, if we look closely at the old posts, we'll also see YOU calling for EV to be sacked after Anfield and calling him clueless more than a couple times.

You just started cartwheeling for EV because the majority of this forum doesn't like him.

It's a rather archaic troll game by now. Get a fresh act. :lol:

Messigician

Yeah, if we look closely at the old posts, we'll also see YOU calling for EV to be sacked after Anfield and calling him clueless more than a couple times.

You just started cartwheeling for EV because the majority of this forum doesn't like him.

It's a rather archaic troll game by now. Get a fresh act. :lol:

I defended him before and after lol but obvs tensions high after anfield lol

ItachiXXX

Valverde was a yes-man who brought about this mess, together with Bartomeu. Still can't see that?

IDGAF if he is a YES man, as long as he is winning, man. And here you are still blaming him in what happening now in Barca. You don't know Fati and Araujo existed, if not because of him.

Home of Barca Fans