Staff member
Wednesday, September 29, 21:00 CET

TnVPpMgpue_Vz_30C2HAPA_96x96.png
-
paYnEE8hcrP96neHRNofhQ_96x96.png

-------

Andresito

Staff member
Won't be an easy game. Benfica are coming with good form. 7 out of 7 wins in the league so far.

Seems like they play a 3-4-3. Not lacking experience at the back with Otamendi and Vertonghen. And of course the lost son Grimaldo. The "next Busquets" is also at Benfica, Julian Weigl whom we had an interest in many years ago.
An old [MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION] favourite (IIRC) is their top scorer: Darwin Nunez.

FinBarcelonafan

Very interesting game and probably the most crucial in terms of getting out of the group stage. As long as we don't lose, I'd take a draw or win.

malvolio

they can exchange positions all season long. what matters is number of points at the end of this season. those are the standings that will be taken into account for next season.

serghei

We need to play well and win this imo. Benfica should suit our style. A technical team, not the fastest, definitely average in defense. I watched them vs PSV and the Dutch team was better in Portugal, missed so many chances.

Just please reward Gavi with a start after the very good game he had. Roberto and Alba should not go straight back into the first 11. They can enter in the 2nd half if things don't go well.

Last edited:

Birdy

One of the reasons IMO the game vs Levante was good, is that we played 4-2-3-1, instead of the sterile at times 4-3-3 with Busi as pivot

Even with Gabi at RW (not his position), the team worked much better on both phases of play.
Coutinho is much better at AM instead of LW

I would try to play the same formation against Benfica, with Frenkie-Gavi double pivot, both are mobile and hard-working enough to make it work and fit like a glove
Depay-Cou-Demir can play behind Luuk, with Ansu playing the last 30 min
Of course Dest at LB and Oscar at RB
Here is a screenshot of the buildup against Levante:
FASHZkKXsAIXzrX

Imagine Frenkie where Busi is, and GAvi where Nico is

Another variation would be GAvi at AM, Cou at LW, Memphis at RW, and the double pivot being Frenkie and Busi (although I would not want Busi to play)

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Only thing I would change from the Levante game is Frenkie for Nico (or Busquets, but won't happen) and Pedri for Coutinho if he's fit enough. Plus Araujo obviously.

Home of Barca Fans