Who Should Laporta Appoint: Xavi or Roberto Martinez?

Who Should Laporta Appoint: Xavi or Roberto Martinez

• Total voters

Raketa10

Let's be honest here. There is no top class manager on the market and probably no one sane would take over now. Our choices are limited as it gets.

Raketa10

Maybe if Chelsea continue their bad form, Abramovich will sack Tuchel.

No way, he will be there for some time. It will be either Xavi or Martinez. Brendan Rodgers and Ten Hag probably wouldn't take over right now. In contrast, Conte who is a top class manger, doesn't suite our style. On the other hand, Gallardo has never coached in Europe. Laporta has a very difficult decision to make. If he makes a mistake and chooses the wrong manager his head will be at stake. Our next manager has to be levels above Koeman or this club is done.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Xavi out of those two but preferably Brendon Rodgers in as one with Xavi assisting initially.

Also get Leicesters player scouting team while we are at it .

Zidane82

No way, he will be there for some time. It will be either Xavi or Martinez. Brendan Rodgers and Ten Hag probably wouldn't take over right now. In contrast, Conte who is a top class manger, doesn't suite our style. On the other hand, Gallardo has never coached in Europe. Laporta has a very difficult decision to make. If he makes a mistake and chooses the wrong manager his head will be at stake. Our next manager has to be levels above Koman or this club is done.

Look what Rodgers did at Celtic , Liverpool and Leicester in particular

malvolio

No way, he will be there for some time.

Don't know about Tuchel being a target for us or if he would like to join if given the chance. But Premier League is wide open and CL is a lottery.

So Chelsea could very well finish the season empty handed. And when that happens, things go to shit and manager gets the sack.

Raketa10

Xavi out of those two but preferably Brendon Rodgers in as one with Xavi assisting initially.

Also get Leicesters player scouting team while we are at it .

I am honestly not sure if Rodgers would succeed at Barca. Can't remember the last time manager from UK was successful outside of Britain.

Look what Rodgers did at Celtic , Liverpool and Leicester in particular

I get you but I don't think he would take over right now. We are a total mess and he has a well paid job at Leicester. :D

Last edited:

fergus90

Tuchel. Because he's on a two-game losing streak and that's enough for him to get sacked at trigger-happy Chelsea.

Should be patient and see what unfolds during the summer as the last thing we want to do is jump the gun and then someone unexpectedly becomes available during the summer.

Zidane82

I am honestly not sure if Rodgers would succeed at Barca. Can't remember the last time manager from UK was successful outside of Britain.

I get you but I don't think he would take over right now. We are a total mess and he has a well paid job at Leicester. :D
He is not your typical British manager to be fair

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi or Marcelo Gallardo.

Tuchel. Because he's on a two-game losing streak and that's enough for him to get sacked at trigger-happy Chelsea.
Should be patient and see what unfolds during the summer as the last thing we want to do is jump the gun and then someone unexpectedly becomes available during the summer.

Think it's extremely unlikely someone like Tuchel, Klopp or basically a proven World Class manager in Europe gets available unless his team misses out on top four and Champions League football.

Even a trigger happy Abramovich/Marina knows that there's not many alternatives on the market. Don't think Tuchel is fired even if they go trophyless.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Even a trigger happy Abramovich/Marina knows that there's not many alternatives on the market. Don't think Tuchel is fired even if they go trophyless.

Not if they know they can get Zidane, whom Chelsea will be very appealing to him :coffee:

fergus90

Xavi or Marcelo Gallardo.

Think it's extremely unlikely someone like Tuchel, Klopp or basically a proven World Class manager in Europe gets available unless his team misses out on top four and Champions League football.

I agree that it’s very unrealistic for Tuchel. But the sensible thing to do if they sack Koeman is put Schreuder in charge until the end of the season. Then analyse the footballing landscape in the summer and the new coach has the pre-season to work with and build his squad.

Knowing Barca we will tie Martinez down to a 3 year contract and then someone else becomes available in the summer and Barca miss out again.

Home of Barca Fans