Who Should Laporta Appoint: Xavi or Roberto Martinez?

Who Should Laporta Appoint: Xavi or Roberto Martinez

• Total voters

El Gato

Villarato!
In all honesty there's no choosing between these two, neither are what you need.
Barca need a vet coach with an ounce of empathy and adaptable to modern trends.
Someone who will take this castrated squad and within a few months pull off some surprising results to make at least 1-2 stars or up-and-comers look on and say "ok they're not the best but they have some interesting players, I can take a shot", which will get the sporting project ball rolling for the successor.

A Hiddink would be ideal - if he weren't 74 and done with football
Rodgers is a shout for the future

Joan

Neither of them, but voted Martinez as I don't think he'd be a big failure. Xavi is a complete unknown and don't think he's the type of coach Barca needs at the moment. Nor is Martinez, sure.

akaranzo

In all honesty there's no choosing between these two, neither are what you need.
Barca need a vet coach with an ounce of empathy and adaptable to modern trends.
Someone who will take this castrated squad and within a few months pull off some surprising results to make at least 1-2 stars or up-and-comers look on and say "ok they're not the best but they have some interesting players, I can take a shot", which will get the sporting project ball rolling for the successor.

A Hiddink would be ideal - if he weren't 74 and done with football
Rodgers is a shout for the future

Well that's exactly what Koeman was supposed to be. A manager with a decent amount of experience and someone who could get the best out of the players we have right now. Turns out that doesn't work. We just need someone with a specific playstyle, a vision for football that suits our identity. Someone like Ten Hag or Gallardo. Xavi might be one of those in some years, but it's too soon for him imo.

TRY_Aze

1)Brendinho Rodgers
2)Brendinho Rodgers
3)Brendinho Rodgers
4)Martinez
5)Xavi ---> He will continue to play Busi/Pique/Alba/Roberto every game

To be honest, I have fears about it too. I've seen hints of this in some of his interviews

aragorn

Roping in Xavi would mean the youngsters will have a platform to showcase their talent and have a foothold in the first team and that can only be good for the club in the long term

El Gato

Villarato!
Well that's exactly what Koeman was supposed to be. A manager with a decent amount of experience and someone who could get the best out of the players we have right now. Turns out that doesn't work. We just need someone with a specific playstyle, a vision for football that suits our identity. Someone like Ten Hag or Gallardo. Xavi might be one of those in some years, but it's too soon for him imo.

Dont know where this Gallardo candidacy comes from, but might fit if willing to ditch current job. Ten Hag not interested.
Koeman wasn't quite that - he was more of a 'Barca DNA' hire that would either get seniors to move their ass on the pitch or bench them unapologetically when clearly can't hack it and try to elevate the backup. Kinda did neither, probably even got lulled into sense of confidence about Busquets since he keeps playing him.
You need external influence yes, but not from any manager without some pedigree.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
At this point I would take anyone who wouldn't play Roberto and Garcia as starters, Pirlo, Pimienta, Moyes, I don't care.

Home of Barca Fans