La Liga | Round 6: FC Barcelona - Levante 3-0

messi2140

6racies Xavi
FANn8UPWYAE5Gj2

Joan

Araujo is on the bench, shouldn't be injured. But might be some discomfort he felt this morning.

Guess it'll be a 4-2-3-1 with Nico-Busquets double pivot, Depay - Gavi - Coutinho, and Luuk upfront.

ajnotkeith

Araujo is on the bench, shouldn't be injured. But might be some discomfort he felt this morning.

Guess it'll be a 4-2-3-1 with Nico-Busquets double pivot, Depay - Gavi - Coutinho, and Luuk upfront.

Nico-Busi double pivot is very defensive. Makes no sense. And then Eric-Pique which has proven to be a terrible pairing.

hardyboy

Pathetic lineup. Two 17 year old kids in the midfield with 0 experience and Luuk De Jong. Looks like we will drop points again. Levante will most likely win their first game of the season.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Yeah, the line up looks rough. Excited for Gavi and Nico though.

If we lose points that should be it for Koeman at least.

Joan

Nico-Busi double pivot is very defensive. Makes no sense. And then Eric-Pique which has proven to be a terrible pairing.

My guess would be he's afraid we miss de Jong's protection so he went for Nico to clean after Busquets. I thought we'd see Roberto there.

Also, benching Araujo makes no sense if it's not due to discomfort.

ajnotkeith

My guess would be he's afraid we miss de Jong's protection so he went for Nico to clean after Busquets. I thought we'd see Roberto there.

Also, benching Araujo makes no sense if it's not due to discomfort.

Roberto is out with gastric issues, so the Twitter experts got what they wanted with Nico starting, according to them even though he's still a kid he's 100x better than Roberto so let's see

Rory

If Araujo has discomfort he shouldn't even be on the bench. What's the scenario where it means he's suddenly brought on when Mingueza or Frenkie can play there? Do we risk injuring him for the sake of saving a point or 3? suggests to me Koeman has benched him out of choice. Maybe Eric has been pulling some strings.

ajnotkeith

If Araujo has discomfort he shouldn't even be on the bench. What's the scenario where it means he's suddenly brought on when Mingueza or Frenkie can play there? Do we risk injuring him for the sake of saving a point or 3? suggests to me Koeman has benched him out of choice. Maybe Eric has been pulling some strings.

Remember Bilbao? Araujo got subbed on at 30 after being benched inexplicably.

Koeman just seems to prefer Garcia who has been shocking so far.

Home of Barca Fans