Koeman's Succesor? Media Speaks!

Messigician

Lots of smoke regarding his departure and succesor, I beleive it's now imminent.

I'll summarise here the major names we are linked to (no Valverde yet) and y'all discuss who you would prefer.

Garc?a Pimienta (former Bar?a B manager) would be delighted to listen to offers from Barcelona despite having been fired recently.

? [MENTION=10062]Maria[/MENTION]garridos

In the last few hours, the club have asked/pressured Jordi Cruyff to take over as manager. His response continues to be a resounding ?no?.

? @tjuanmarti

Barcelona like Diego Mart?nez (former Granada coach) a lot.

? [MENTION=21693]Cami[/MENTION]mudarra

The favorite option in the dressing room if Koeman ends up leaving is Jordi Cruyff.

? @_AdrianSnchz

Laporta has the following names in mind if he sacks Koeman:

? Jordi Cruyff
? Sergi Barju?n
? Henrik Larsson

? @btvesports

Who would you guys like to see? Personally I don't like any of the options but some are more Barca DNA than others.

I would like to see Valverde approached but he is currently too big for a mid table team like ours. So it seems Jordi Cruyff will be the next manager

hardyboy

Jordi Cryuff shouldn't be anywhere near the club let alone managing the team. We will regress further under him. Koeman is 100x better than him..

Messigician

Jordi Cryuff shouldn't be anywhere near the club let alone managing the team. We will regress further under him. Koeman is 100x better than him..

The dressing room want him bro, it seems all but certain now he was offered the job but he keeps refusing because of the situation of the club.

hardyboy

The dressing room want him bro, it seems all but certain now he was offered the job but he keeps refusing because of the situation of the club.

We should bring someone the dressing room doesn't want. Need someone like Conte who can be a pain in their ass..

Messigician

We should bring someone the dressing room doesn't want. Need someone like Conte who can be a pain in their ass..

I want Conte too bro but board doesn't like him.

Laporta is big believer in Barca DNA and Cruyff heritage it is why Valverde and Conte aren't in his plans we need to look at realistic options

Raketa10

Conte would be a good solution right now but that's not going to happen. Regarding other candidates they are all horrible except Xavi, so Xavi it is.

Bobo32

Hm Larsson is much more of a failure as a coach than even Koeman.
I don't know about Cruyff, but I think his dad was pretty good.
I am waiting for Xavi, but think Pimienta would be a very fine alternative right now. Koeman should've left a long long time ago.

behindbrowneyes

Recent history has shown that coaches who worked already at the club has been the most successful. Of course you can't compare Pimienta with Pep and Lucho due to the careers they had as players and their standing at the club, but he'd be my first choice as he already has experience with the club and although he didn't manage to get promoted with Barca B, sensations were rather good and he developed young players.

The club isn't known for signing the real big names as managers for various reasons (despite paying them like that), so they should educate their own coaches, let them work in youth and promote the talented ones to train Barca B. That'd be the best way and much preferable than getting coaches like Tata Martino, Koeman or Valverde.

Messigician

Recent history has shown that coaches who worked already at the club has been the most successful. Of course you can't compare Pimienta with Pep and Lucho due to the careers they had as players and their standing at the club, but he'd be my first choice as he already has experience with the club and although he didn't manage to get promoted with Barca B, sensations were rather good and he developed young players.

The club isn't known for signing the real big names as managers for various reasons (despite paying them like that), so they should educate their own coaches, let them work in youth and promote the talented ones to train Barca B. That'd be the best way and much preferable than getting coaches like Tata Martino, Koeman or Valverde.

Agreed but remove Valverde from your post, won't tell u again

behindbrowneyes

Agreed but remove Valverde from your post, won't tell u again

Nah. Always said that Valverde is a decent coach and did quite well, especially in La Liga. I also don't understand why he hasn't find a new club yet. He'd be great for clubs from the 2nd row like both Sevilla's, Villarreal, Bilbao, Arsenal. For a club like Barca he is too pragmatic for me (which brought him undoubtedly success in La Liga), too less visionary and too much short-term thinking which is kind of understandable as in the end success is the only way to stay at the club. No matter which coach it was, be it Martino, Setien or Valverde. All of them said how important youth and La Masia is, but all of them looked for proven players in times of crisis and in CL rather than giving chances to La Masia kids. I know that Ansu got his debut under Valverde, but he was just too big of a talent to overlook him, especially with the way he delivered right away.

I want someone who learns from the scratch how important La Masia is for the club, work at least for the B team before landing the managing seat at Camp Nou. I don't care for big names. The more stations in the club a coach can get, the better.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Larsson? Lol he failed over and over miserably as a coach. I would rather keep Koeman.

Messigician

Nah. Always said that Valverde is a decent coach and did quite well, especially in La Liga. I also don't understand why he hasn't find a new club yet. He'd be great for clubs from the 2nd row like both Sevilla's, Villarreal, Bilbao, Arsenal. For a club like Barca he is too pragmatic for me (which brought him undoubtedly success in La Liga), too less visionary and too much short-term thinking which is kind of understandable as in the end success is the only way to stay at the club. No matter which coach it was, be it Martino, Setien or Valverde. All of them said how important youth and La Masia is, but all of them looked for proven players in times of crisis and in CL rather than giving chances to La Masia kids. I know that Ansu got his debut under Valverde, but he was just too big of a talent to overlook him, especially with the way he delivered right away.

I want someone who learns from the scratch how important La Masia is for the club, work at least for the B team before landing the managing seat at Camp Nou. I don't care for big names. The more stations in the club a coach can get, the better.

BECAUSE HE TURNED THEM DOWN!!! sheesh

akaranzo

Valverde was a garbage manager for us. The epitome of stagnation. And when you get embarrassed like we did in the CL by two different clubs, no wonder any top club never wants to hire you again.

Home of Barca Fans