La Liga | Round 4: FC Barcelona - Granada 1-1

BerkeleyBernie

What a classic, a brilliant exhibition of Barca DNA against one of the top teams in the world. One for the ages.

:facepalm:

All credit to Araujo, singlehandedly saved a point.

Birdy

Araujo MOTM back to back

People will start whining about Koeman all night long,
In reality, these good double-decker buses (together with their time-wasting antics) like Granada can only break by well-oiled attacking machines, which we are not the last 5 years

Horatio

You're welcome
Ain't gonna lie. Cross and insallah didn't even look that bad(I mean aesthetically yes). Found the end of the cross many times. Luuk should've scored that other one and Araujo could've had one earlier.

Dest utter shite in crossing department. Outcome could've been different if he weren't.

ajnotkeith

Ain't gonna lie. Cross and insallah didn't even look that bad(I mean aesthetically yes). Found the end of the cross many times. Luuk should've scored that other one and Araujo could've had one earlier.

Dest utter shite in crossing department. Outcome could've been different if he weren't.

That's how you break down narrow deep blocks. It takes very good and quick players to slice them open through passing and we don't have that, the most common and accepted way is to use every bit of grass, and stretch their defense out with wide play and crosses.

JamDav1982

And exactly what difference that point will make?

Crossing is the new Barca DNA.

Alves used to cross in huge numbers for Barca and Peps teams still do.

Important aspect for every team and Barca giving it up to some extent in recent years has been poor not some great idea of Barca DNA.

Porque

Never an easy game when you conceed early and the opponents parked the bus.

I'm not too negative about the game. We had alot of chances. Cycles the ball quickly in the second, alot of crosses but with Araujo, Luuk, Pique and Puig in the box it made sense.

Great moment for Araujo too with the goal. Could of got a hat trick, should have had a penalty and did grab a goal. Fast becoming a cult hero for the fans still left.

Horatio

You're welcome
That's how you break down narrow deep blocks. It takes very good and quick players to slice them open through passing and we don't have that, the most common and accepted way is to use every bit of grass, and stretch their defense out with wide play and crosses.

We don't have the players exactly. That's why I didn't object the game plan against Granada. Could've walked away with a win here easily. Just expect any footballer to know how to cross somewhat. That's why I am hard on Dest.

ajnotkeith

When Ansu and Dembele come back in for Demir and Coutinho in the front 3 I can already tell we will notice a world of difference against teams like Granada. Not easy still, but we'll look much better. The other test is against high-pressing teams which we can't seem to beat these days either.

JamDav1982

Cross and Hope. We are shockingly bad up front. Hard to see where the goals will come from.

Crossing the ball is what got Barca back in the game.

The passing of first half was far worse.

Every top team crosses the ball to fuck when chasing a goal. Folk need to get this wrong idea of Barca tactics out their head.

FCMessi

Alves used to cross in huge numbers for Barca and Peps teams still do.

Important aspect for every team and Barca giving it up to some extent in recent years has been poor not some great idea of Barca DNA.

Have no problem with crossings at all.

people should not expect the artistic tiki taka football when Barca can't and won't afford the expensive players to do it.

Home of Barca Fans