CL | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Bayern Munchen 0-3

Kul_z

Delusional. We are five years away from being competitive in cl.

We'll be competitive by the end of november. Not saying we would become cl favourites or anything close, but by the november we would play at least 30-40% better then we are playing now.
We played against a team bar musiala and sane(lol) that plays couple of seasons together, that is well oiled up machine and is considered one of the if not the best team in the world right now.
We lost messi, we are in transition, we dont have four attackers at disposal and this team NEVER played together, take out luuk de jong and you still have memphis who played what, 5 games with us?

When talking about delusional, you didnt really expect that in those circumstances, after nt break(in which we always suck) we would put up a decent fight against bayern?

mc_lovin

Not sure why this game has caused such a massive reaction. We all knew how it was going to end. Funniest are the people venting on Frenkie and Pedri, expecting them to win the game on their own? Yeah, throw our actually good players under the bus.

The only thing the game did for me was to reinforce my opinion that Koeman should be gone sooner rather than later. He got really negative (and not just his tactics).

Zebulun

Not sure why this game has caused such a massive reaction. We all knew how it was going to end. Funniest are the people venting on Frenkie and Pedri, expecting them to win the game on their own? Yeah, throw our actually good players under the bus.

The only thing the game did for me was to reinforce my opinion that Koeman should be gone sooner rather than later. He got really negative (and not just his tactics).

Agreed. we dont know what xavi offers but i'm actually shocked that laporta didnt bring him already. we all know the conditions are horrible but even if Xavi ended up being an interim/transitional coach, the fans would be way more patient knowing we'd be building towards something rather than random desperation from the arrogant unsuccessful dutchman.

Bobo32

This was a decent analysis: https://betweentheposts.net/barcelo...e-barcelona-fold-against-cruising-bayern-0-3/

Take a look at the passing map at the bottom and see no arrow at all going forward from Araujo, just the one on the outside towards isolated Roberto.
Luuk de Jong taking over Greasemans role of non-involvement and standing on Pedris toes in these pass-maps. Replace him with Demir utilizing the space between Depay and Roberto and Barcelona might've had more success in creating something on their own?
The Zone 14 pass plot is tragic too, just as much as the 'no shots on goal' stat.

Total-Football

Man, you are just wrong. Come on, it is simple maths. 59 km covered would mean that the 10 players ran 5,9 km on average, and that is excluding the goalkeeper. Even Messi had at least 7 km covered in every game. It is most likely that the figure you got is simply wrong or was for the first half of the game only. The usual distance covered is about 10-11.5 km for every outfield player per 90 minutes in a given game.

Bayern's game is very demanding, but they are athletically well-prepared, so they can run more. Let's say Neuer ran 6 km yesterday, which leaves us with 118,7 km for the 10 players per 90 minutes. 11,8 km on average is not a stretch.

I follow those numbers for years.. There is no way on earth Mars or the moon a team runs 59 km in a champions league match. When I saw the 125 number I was extreamly suspicious.. I checked other games.. When I saw villarreal on 59 km I knew those numbers (for some reason) are bullshit this time.

Edit: Messi runs in the champions league (7,5km) almost consistently I know this for a fact.. And he looks like he is walking to the average fan! A team of 11 Messi walking (maths) will amount exactly to 82km per 90 minutes.

Edit :I invite you to check the official website.. The full game stats.. They still have villarreal on 59 km lol

Last edited:

SmilerBam

2 first tweets currently on barcacentre: we run 15km less than them and Sergi Roberto cried. This really sums up everything.

But i thought that was Messi's fault? Hmm, seems is not. So glad the little dictator is gone, messing up this fine team.

ajnotkeith

Barca's president and manager need to open TV and check these other CL games. They might learn something.

We don't have guys hungry like these teams do. We have overpaid washed players who only played in a team that had 70% possession every game and can barely run anymore let alone press. They also don't know how it feels to be underdogs anymore.

The youth aren't much of a solution either, we had guys way more talented than this that crashed and burned into nothing, Bojan was a wonderkid at 17 and ended up in Japan.

jairzinho

We don't have guys hungry like these teams do. We have overpaid washed players who only played in a team that had 70% possession every game and can barely run anymore let alone press. They also don't know how it feels to be underdogs anymore.

The youth aren't much of a solution either, we had guys way more talented than this that crashed and burned into nothing, Bojan was a wonderkid at 17 and ended up in Japan.

We lack leaders. Our captains are a bunch of spine less cry babies. Probably still experiencing PTSD from so many heavy defeats over the years.

SABANS

We lack leaders. Our captains are a bunch of spine less cry babies. Probably still experiencing PTSD from so many heavy defeats over the years.

We lack good coach! This yellow turd needs to be thrown out asap. Player dont seem comfortable around him, he is arrogant, hard headed, thinks he is the best thing ever, full of excuses....he removed Pjanic from a team for pretty much same thing he is doing now...

hardyboy

I still remember Bayern vs Lyon semi final CL game last year. Depay exploited their high line. His finishing was shit but he went one on one with Neuer several times. Don't know what happened to him the other day. Was he injured and still played the match?

Last edited:

JohnN

I still remember Bayern vs Lyon semi final CL game last year. Depay exploited their high line. His finishing was shit but he went one on one with Neuer several times. Don't know what happened to him the other day. Was he injured and still played the match?

No player can operate without a system and proper teammates, that's what happened. Not depay, not lewa, not Messi, not Ronaldo. No one. We are in shambles. Koeman has not improved our tactical level one bit. Our most constructed attacks came when 17 year olds where on the pitch, probably because they have more tactical training in Barca b.

Home of Barca Fans