CL | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Bayern Munchen 0-3

Messi983

Could be tbh. Aguero and Dembele will be back only by November, and Ansu will need time to gain form. However, the calendar until they return is quite kind - only 2-3 tough games.

Every game could and probably will be tough for this group of players until we get some "reinforcements" in attack back.

I think we could actually do better vs better teams playing with less pressure - by that I mean team knows we won't fail to qualify from a CL group if we lose against Bayern and we won't lose La Liga title if we don't win at Atleti, so they won't consider these games the same as if they would be played in March or April when we've usually showed our losing mentality. Not saying we'll win those games but could see us playing relatively well (comparative to expectations most of us have) and then fail against teams like Cadiz and Levante we're expected to beat but have regularly struggled against while having better teams we currently have in recent years.

Messigician

Why are we so scared of Bayern?

Are we Barcelona or the Spanish Arsenal? Get a grip we will smash these bums

Rassvet

352: Neto, Mingueza, Araujo, Garcia, Dest, Roberto, Frenkie, Pedri, Alba, Braithwaite, Memphis

snowy

me likey 3-5-2 too

3-3-3-1
. Memphis - Luuke - Yusuf
. . . . . Couti/Busi/Puig
. . Pedri - Frenkie - Kayz/Bob
Araujo - Garcia - Mingu

Garcia is slow but he's smart. Aro and Ming are fast

Kayz and Yusuf are ballsy and create tons of chances.

Couti looking dope and ready to smash

Reason I put Busi higher as an alt is to exploit that Bayern high-line with his through balls. Could also sub for Puig at H-T

Let's kick some butt! :rambo:

Birdy

What I wanna see:
3-4-3
------------MATS------------
----Araujo-FDJ(libero)-Ming
Dest----Pedri-----Cou-----Alba
---Demir--Braith--Depay

What we will most likely see:
3-5-2
------------MATS------
---Araujo-Pique-Lenglet
-----------Busi-----------
Ming--FDJ---Pedri----Alba
---------------Depay-----
---------Braith-----------

JohnN

This seems like a viable squad:
Neto-Mats ( no mistake )
Dest-Roberto-Araujo-Pique-Alba
Fdj-busquets-pedri
--
Depay

Windhook

I expect a close result defeat. For me what happened that night in Lisbon was to some extent the result of the disruption in football due to COVID-19 and most players in Spain and Italy losing focus and fitness levels. I think German Bundesliga resumed the league earliest of any country in Europe, early May 2020 if I remember correct, while La Liga started in mid-June. But that was just one of the many problems at the club at the time. If that defeat had not happened Barto would still be running business at the club today.

fergus90

I expect a close result defeat. For me what happened that night in Lisbon was to some extent the result of the disruption in football due to COVID-19 and most players in Spain and Italy losing focus and fitness levels. I think German Bundesliga resumed the league earliest of any country in Europe, early May 2020 if I remember correct, while La Liga started in mid-June. But that was just one of the many problems at the club at the time. If that defeat had not happened Barto would still be running business at the club today.

To some extent true but to another extent Bayern's style of play and counter pressing which Naglesmann also insists on really highlights the weakness of Busi etc who don't have the quickness of feet or physicality anymore. If we try to play out from the back in a ponderous manner we will make mistakes and be thrashed again. Bayern have the quality to punish Barca for every error.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Lewandowski banging in goals as usual. Sane has regained his Manchester City form now that he's on the left wing. Gnabry's form is back. Musiala the prodigious 18 year old that's somehow capable of exploiting space as well as 30 year old veterans. A rock solid midfield with Kimmich leading it. A rock solid defense. A monstrous leftback in Alphonso Davies. The best goalkeeper in the world.

Not receiving an embarrassing scoreline will be an achievement for this squad.

Rassvet

If Bayern go out there fully intent on humiliating us, it will probably happen. However, it’s just a group stage opener so I think it will be a bit less intense and they will probably win comfortably by 2 goals or so without breaking much of a sweat.

Home of Barca Fans