It's Us Vs Them... The Big 3 Vs Super League

Messigician

Super League Vs UEFA

It's clear what's happening. Tebas and Nasser since joining UEFA have gone against us in every way. Nasser stopped sponsoring us, and Tebas dropped complaints about PSG breaching FFP like he did during Neymar transfer.

🎙| Nasser Al-Khelaifi on Super League: ?While the three rebels waste their energy, the rest of us advance; united and together.? @elchiringuitotv

Laporta: "PSG have broken the FFP rules for years and everyone knows it, including UEFA. Why not support the Super League? It will actually be regulated!"

Laporta: "We're working on making the Super League more meritocracy based."

Laporta: "The Super League is alive and well. The pressure the English clubs put is useless. They're still contractually in the project. UEFA cannot do anything if it's approved by the European Courts."

Laporta: "Everything that has been said about the Messi situation are objective facts. We were blackmailed by La Liga. Either we accepted that CVC deal, which would have jeopardized the future of the club long term, or we couldn't register Leo"

Messi983

ESL is the only thing where I support Laporta.

We'd be much better without UEFA mafia and Qatari money.

i_bleed_blaugrana

ESL is the only thing where I support Laporta.

We'd be much better without UEFA mafia and Qatari money.

As long as its open, I am all for the ESL too. Just done with the bullshit and hypocrisy from UEFA.

20 teams each season, champions of each league are given automatic spot + the previous winner and 2nd division/Europa League winners. Rest of the spots are given through a ruthless playoff qualifier where 2nd/3rd place teams across Europe battle for the remaining spot.

That shit would be epic, people would actually care about and watch the qualifying matches and then they get the revenue boost of having less but more elite teams playing each other more.

Basically, the only thing the founding clubs should get is an automatic pass for the first season. Otherwise, each spot every season afterwords goes to who earns it.

Messigician

As long as its open, I am all for the ESL too. Just done with the bullshit and hypocrisy from UEFA.

20 teams each season, champions of each league are given automatic spot + the previous winner and 2nd division/Europa League winners. Rest of the spots are given through a ruthless playoff qualifier where 2nd/3rd place teams across Europe battle for the remaining spot.

That shit would be epic, people would actually care about and watch the qualifying matches and then they get the revenue boost of having less but more elite teams playing each other more.

Basically, the only thing the founding clubs should get is an automatic pass for the first season. Otherwise, each spot every season afterwords goes to who earns it.

This

FinBarcelonafan

I find it funny UEFA/FIFA talks about ESL being about money and they want to make World Cup with billion teams and every two years. Talk about a money grab. :koeman:

In the end, just admit world works around money.. and most organizations want it or need it to work.

ESL should be open for other teams though, like someone mentioned here. It would become boring otherwise and it makes it more exciting if you can drop from it.

I am fine with founding members having a 5-10 year period they can't drop, in the end, they are taking the risk of starting it. (That's fair IMO).

khaled_a_d

I find it funny UEFA/FIFA talks about ESL being about money and they want to make World Cup with billion teams and every two years. Talk about a money grab. :koeman:

FIFA actually supported it as long as clubs accept the world cup. They had the least resistance to the idea but weren't going to go against Nations that vote for them

FinBarcelonafan

FIFA actually supported it as long as clubs accept the world cup. They had the least resistance to the idea but weren't going to go against Nations that vote for them

Interesting. World Cup every two years would be horrible. No break for players basically. No summers for top players, EVER.

World Cup would lose it prestigeouness too

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nasser Al-Khelaifi talking about financial fair play is such a farce, it is like a wolf talking about the sheep needing to be protected.

Messigician

Fuck him

Aleksander Čeferin (UEFA President): "I wouldn't mind if Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus left UEFA. All three have incompetent Presidents. Those guys have tried to kill football." [via onda cero]

Redbuck

Fuck him

Aleksander Čeferin (UEFA President): "I wouldn't mind if Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus left UEFA. All three have incompetent Presidents. Those guys have tried to kill football." [via onda cero]

When talking about incompetent presidents, Ceferin should put himself in that category as well. He must really be as dumb as fuck if he believes that teams that want the Super League are killing football. If freakin' Al Khelaifi and the oil money lords are supporting him, he has no right to label Laporta, Perez and Agnelli as incompetent when they are trying to salvage the future of their various clubs in this period where teams backed by oil money have an advantage over their fan owned counterparts. He is a big joke of a UEFA president.

FinBarcelonafan

When talking about incompetent presidents, Ceferin should put himself in that category as well. He must really be as dumb as fuck if he believes that teams that want the Super League are killing football. If freakin' Al Khelaifi and the oil money lords are supporting him, he has no right to label Laporta, Perez and Agnelli as incompetent when they are trying to salvage the future of their various clubs in this period where teams backed by oil money have an advantage over their fan owned counterparts. He is a big joke of a UEFA president.

True. He is probably forced to say these things.

BADGERBHOY

Fuck him

Aleksander Čeferin (UEFA President): "I wouldn't mind if Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus left UEFA. All three have incompetent Presidents. Those guys have nearly killed the gravy train me and my peers at Uefa are on." [via onda cero]

Fixed

Home of Barca Fans