User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: It's Us Vs Them... The Big 3 Vs Super League

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    12,982
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    It's Us Vs Them... The Big 3 Vs Super League

    Super League Vs UEFA

    It's clear what's happening. Tebas and Nasser since joining UEFA have gone against us in every way. Nasser stopped sponsoring us, and Tebas dropped complaints about PSG breaching FFP like he did during Neymar transfer.

    🎙| Nasser Al-Khelaifi on Super League: ?While the three rebels waste their energy, the rest of us advance; united and together.? @elchiringuitotv

    Laporta: "PSG have broken the FFP rules for years and everyone knows it, including UEFA. Why not support the Super League? It will actually be regulated!"

    Laporta: "We're working on making the Super League more meritocracy based."

    Laporta: "The Super League is alive and well. The pressure the English clubs put is useless. They're still contractually in the project. UEFA cannot do anything if it's approved by the European Courts."

    Laporta: "Everything that has been said about the Messi situation are objective facts. We were blackmailed by La Liga. Either we accepted that CVC deal, which would have jeopardized the future of the club long term, or we couldn't register Leo"

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    14,433
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ESL is the only thing where I support Laporta.

    We'd be much better without UEFA mafia and Qatari money.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    12,982
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    ESL is the only thing where I support Laporta.

    We'd be much better without UEFA mafia and Qatari money.
    Tru

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    i_bleed_blaugrana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Malaga, Spain
    Posts
    1,503
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    ESL is the only thing where I support Laporta.

    We'd be much better without UEFA mafia and Qatari money.
    As long as its open, I am all for the ESL too. Just done with the bullshit and hypocrisy from UEFA.

    20 teams each season, champions of each league are given automatic spot + the previous winner and 2nd division/Europa League winners. Rest of the spots are given through a ruthless playoff qualifier where 2nd/3rd place teams across Europe battle for the remaining spot.

    That shit would be epic, people would actually care about and watch the qualifying matches and then they get the revenue boost of having less but more elite teams playing each other more.

    Basically, the only thing the founding clubs should get is an automatic pass for the first season. Otherwise, each spot every season afterwords goes to who earns it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    12,982
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_blaugrana View Post
    As long as its open, I am all for the ESL too. Just done with the bullshit and hypocrisy from UEFA.

    20 teams each season, champions of each league are given automatic spot + the previous winner and 2nd division/Europa League winners. Rest of the spots are given through a ruthless playoff qualifier where 2nd/3rd place teams across Europe battle for the remaining spot.

    That shit would be epic, people would actually care about and watch the qualifying matches and then they get the revenue boost of having less but more elite teams playing each other more.

    Basically, the only thing the founding clubs should get is an automatic pass for the first season. Otherwise, each spot every season afterwords goes to who earns it.
    This

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    16,712
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it funny UEFA/FIFA talks about ESL being about money and they want to make World Cup with billion teams and every two years. Talk about a money grab.

    In the end, just admit world works around money.. and most organizations want it or need it to work.


    ESL should be open for other teams though, like someone mentioned here. It would become boring otherwise and it makes it more exciting if you can drop from it.

    I am fine with founding members having a 5-10 year period they can't drop, in the end, they are taking the risk of starting it. (That's fair IMO).

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    13,763
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    I find it funny UEFA/FIFA talks about ESL being about money and they want to make World Cup with billion teams and every two years. Talk about a money grab.
    FIFA actually supported it as long as clubs accept the world cup. They had the least resistance to the idea but weren't going to go against Nations that vote for them

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    16,712
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    FIFA actually supported it as long as clubs accept the world cup. They had the least resistance to the idea but weren't going to go against Nations that vote for them
    Interesting. World Cup every two years would be horrible. No break for players basically. No summers for top players, EVER.

    World Cup would lose it prestigeouness too

  9. #9
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    20,131
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nasser Al-Khelaifi talking about financial fair play is such a farce, it is like a wolf talking about the sheep needing to be protected.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    12,982
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    Nasser Al-Khelaifi talking about financial fair play is such a farce, it is like a wolf talking about the sheep needing to be protected.
    Facts

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Messigician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    12,982
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck him

    Aleksander Čeferin (UEFA President): "I wouldn't mind if Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus left UEFA. All three have incompetent Presidents. Those guys have tried to kill football." [via onda cero]

  12. #12
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Nigeria
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Fuck him

    Aleksander Čeferin (UEFA President): "I wouldn't mind if Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus left UEFA. All three have incompetent Presidents. Those guys have tried to kill football." [via onda cero]
    When talking about incompetent presidents, Ceferin should put himself in that category as well. He must really be as dumb as fuck if he believes that teams that want the Super League are killing football. If freakin' Al Khelaifi and the oil money lords are supporting him, he has no right to label Laporta, Perez and Agnelli as incompetent when they are trying to salvage the future of their various clubs in this period where teams backed by oil money have an advantage over their fan owned counterparts. He is a big joke of a UEFA president.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    16,712
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbuck View Post
    When talking about incompetent presidents, Ceferin should put himself in that category as well. He must really be as dumb as fuck if he believes that teams that want the Super League are killing football. If freakin' Al Khelaifi and the oil money lords are supporting him, he has no right to label Laporta, Perez and Agnelli as incompetent when they are trying to salvage the future of their various clubs in this period where teams backed by oil money have an advantage over their fan owned counterparts. He is a big joke of a UEFA president.
    True. He is probably forced to say these things.

  14. #14
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Nigeria
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    True. He is probably forced to say these things.
    Forced by the love of money I guess.

  15. #15
    Member
    BADGERBHOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Clydebank
    Posts
    450
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Fuck him

    Aleksander Čeferin (UEFA President): "I wouldn't mind if Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus left UEFA. All three have incompetent Presidents. Those guys have nearly killed the gravy train me and my peers at Uefa are on." [via onda cero]
    Fixed
    “If you can go and play at a full Celtic Park on Champions League night then you can play anywhere. The fans create a crazy atmosphere like nothing I have ever heard. “I do hope in the future we can draw Celtic again because even though we lost it is one of the best stadiums to play football in the world". Andres Iniesta

    As journalist Santi Ovalle wrote: "Messi's performance will not go down in history but no other player is capable of a performance like that. He has normalised genius."