Brazil vs Argentina 05/09/21

Daisymorr

Hi guys, Just creating this thread for tonight's game at 8pm. If there is one created already I can remove this. Cheers

Brazil vs Argentina 05/09/21

CatalinR10

People normaly talk about these in the World cup qualifying threads.

Anyway it's gonna a boring game once more , something like 0-0 or 1-0 or 0-1 or whatever :sleep::sleep::sleep:

soul24rage

Honestly, I would be shocked if Argentina lost this game.

Brazil is missing the Premier League players and Marquinhos is suspended while Argentina is in full strength.

Let's hope Argentina wins and Messi at least equals Pele's record.

EDIT: There are rumours that Brazil will prevent Argentina's Premier League players (E. Martinze, Romero, Lo Celso and Buendia) from playing in the match due to Brazil's quarantine rules.

Last edited:

Daisymorr

Honestly, I would be shocked if Argentina lost this game.

Brazil is missing the Premier League players and Marquinhos is suspended while Argentina is in full strength.

Let's hope Argentina wins and Messi at least equals Pele's record.

EDIT: There are rumours that Brazil will prevent Argentina's Premier League players (E. Martinze, Romero, Lo Celso and Buendia) from playing in the match due to Brazil's quarantine rules.

That would be only fair but not sure its legal.

Why are the Argentina PL players there of the Brazilians are not?? Is it their choice to go or how has this happened?

soul24rage

That would be only fair but not sure its legal.

Why are the Argentina PL players there of the Brazilians are not?? Is it their choice to go or how has this happened?

From my understanding, both Aston Villa (E. Martinez and Buendia) and Spurs (Romero and Lo Celso) gave the players permission to travel.

According to Argentinian news, after the WCQ is over, the Premier league Argentinian players will travel to an island in Croatia where the players will still able to train for 10 days rather than being in a hotel in England for quarantine.

I'm not sure why the Premier league Brazilians did not go to their national team.

EDIT: Just found news that Tite decided not to bring in the Brazilian Premier League players

Last edited:

soul24rage

Just 2 hours before the start of the match, the Brazilian health authorization has declared that the 4 Argentinian Premier League players could not play in this match.

Why couldn't they notify this when the players entered in the airport yesterday?

soul24rage

For Argentina line up (same as the Copa Final):

Martinez; Montiel, Romero, Otamendi, Acuna; Di Maria, De Paul, Paredes, Lo Celso; Messi, Lautaro

For Brazil:

Weverton; Danilo, Verissimo, Militao, Alex Sandro; Everton, Casemiro, Gerson, Paqueta; Neymar, Gabi

Home of Barca Fans