La Liga | Round 2: Athletic Bilbao - FC Barcelona

JohnN

Messi is finally gone. He was the reason Barca played without a real RW and caused an imbalance to the formation.

It was so great watching Barca finally play with a right winger. Oh wait....

Griezmann was our right winger on paper but we played with the classic overlapping fullback in Dest....
I can't understand what Griezmann's position was supposed to be, and I think he didn't either.
If our supposedly top class players (a.k.a super expensive) don't get their shit together and start performing up to their top, we are purely mediocre.
If somehow Coutinho finds his liverpool form, Griezmann finds his Atletico form, and Dembele his Dortmund form, we could really challenge for something. But our defense is still crap.

SABANS

Defense is crap...and in our starting 11 we don't have midfielder that can drop back and tske the ball to move it on opponents half. I still blame that orange clown with his vision of a game....its obvious that things he wants them to do is not working out...so why keep pushing it, why not change things? Why use young players that don't have experience? Just because they can run a lot doesnt mean all that running is helping us out....we need to change something since season just started..or we will struggle whole season...

jamrock

Defense is crap...and in our starting 11 we don't have midfielder that can drop back and tske the ball to move it on opponents half. I still blame that orange clown with his vision of a game....its obvious that things he wants them to do is not working out...so why keep pushing it, why not change things? Why use young players that don't have experience? Just because they can run a lot doesnt mean all that running is helping us out....we need to change something since season just started..or we will struggle whole season...

Who would he use if not the the young players that don't have experience?

Ignoring the fact that only 2 young players started the game.

SABANS

Who would he use if not the the young players that don't have experience?

Ignoring the fact that only 2 young players started the game.

Maybe we should look to sign more midfield players (orange clown still looking for forwards?). Obviously what we are doing now is not working out..it hasnt at the end of last season, it is not at beginning of this one, but if you think this is best we have, and what coach is doing now is perfeckth fine..then let it be...we will see how it is once we start playing against better teams than ones we played so far

jairzinho

We really could use another striker. I know it's been only 2 games but out of all the attacking options right now, only Depay looks to be a reliable scorer. Braithwaite and Greizmann don't look too convincing atm and Ansu will take some time to get going. An extra option up front would give us some peace of mind.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
sounds like you didn't watch the match.

agreed that point at san mames is never a bad thing, but performance was all but solid.

I did watch the match. Solid might be a slight exaggeration but in the context of the post Messi era and rebuilding it wasn't a bad performance. People expect too much sometimes.

malvolio

I did watch the match. Solid might be a slight exaggeration but in the context of the post Messi era and rebuilding it wasn't a bad performance. People expect too much sometimes.

thing is the match was similar to what we played most of last season in key matches.

defence that struggles to not concede multiple chances in a match, midfield overran by pressing/physicality and an attack not creative enough or over reliant on a single individual to finish or create danger.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
You have to give some credit to Bilbao though. The had a plan and they executed it well. We held them off and fought back to get a draw. That is football. We can't expect to dominate every game, this isn't the Pep Barca any more.

Home of Barca Fans