How many goals do you think Griezmann will score this season?

How many goals will Griezmann score this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

i_bleed_blaugrana

I hope I am wrong but I think a lot of people are going to have a wake up call when it comes to this guy. I will be genuinely surprised if he cracks 20+ this season. He just has never really ever been that sort of player in his career and is better suited in a support role.

Think back a little bit. When has he REALLY been the main man and reason for his teams success? At France, Mbappe, Kante and Pogba are way more integral to their success. The big stain when it comes to him and France was how he let Ronaldo and co. cuck him in the ?16 Euros. Tbf, that was a great tournament from him but he completely disappeared in that final when the stage was set for him to shine.

Same thing at Atleti. The two seasons Simeone built that team and system around him, they ended up trophy-less. He disappears in the big moments for Atleti then and he did the same thing once he came here. Im sorry but the whole Messi took his space take is just super weak to me and there have been so many big matches last season and before where he just completely ghosted. Guy just seems to lack fight in a lot of ways.

Like I said, hope I am wrong and this isnt me saying Greizmann is a bad player my any means but I just would not put a lot of faith in him being the way forward.

I actually think if you are going to pin your hopes on any of our forwards this season to lead now, I think the better pick would be Memphis.

JamDav1982

I hope I am wrong but I think a lot of people are going to have a wake up call when it comes to this guy. I will be genuinely surprised if he cracks 20+ this season. He just has never really ever been that sort of player in his career and is better suited in a support role.

Think back a little bit. When has he REALLY been the main man and reason for his teams success? At France, Mbappe, Kante and Pogba are way more integral to their success. The big stain when it comes to him and France was how he let Ronaldo and co. cuck him in the ?16 Euros. Tbf, that was a great tournament from him but he completely disappeared in that final when the stage was set for him to shine.

Same thing at Atleti. The two seasons Simeone built that team and system around him, they ended up trophy-less. He disappears in the big moments for Atleti then and he did the same thing once he came here. Im sorry but the whole Messi took his space take is just super weak to me and there have been so many big matches last season and before where he just completely ghosted. Guy just seems to lack fight in a lot of ways.

Like I said, hope I am wrong and this isnt me saying Greizmann is a bad player my any means but I just would not put a lot of faith in him being the way forward.

I actually think if you are going to pin your hopes on any of our forwards this season to lead now, I think the better pick would be Memphis.

Griezmann did not disappear in the biggest games for Atletico.

He scored regularly v Real and ran Barca ragged in CL etc, scored against some big sides in CL also and double in final as won the Europa.

Atletico were a better side then than won the league last season and he was their main man. They just had poorer Barca and Real last season.

He was absolutely an important part of Frances success in the WC and was voted third best player at that tournament and was their best player at Euro 2016 even if was quiet in final.

Sounds like you didnt even watch him at Atletico to be honest and just go with ideas he failed in big games due to missing pen in CL final.

Last edited:

JohnN

Ok, he was good for atletico and France in 2016. 5 years ago. Or 2018, 3 years ago he was decent.
It's 2021 and for barca he has been bad to mediocre. That's the reality.

JamDav1982

Ok, he was good for atletico and France in 2016. 5 years ago. Or 2018, 3 years ago he was decent.
It's 2021 and for barca he has been bad to mediocre. That's the reality.

Yes we both agree the last poster was speaking nonsense but no.. he was good for Atletico in big games before and after 2016.

He has been mediocre to good for Barca but not anywhere near price/salary paid.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Griezmann did not disappear in the biggest games for Atletico.

He scored regularly v Real and ran Barca ragged in CL etc, scored against some big sides in CL also and double in final as won the Europa.

Atletico were a better side then than won the league last season and he was their main man. They just had poorer Barca and Real last season.

He was absolutely an important part of Frances success in the WC and was voted third best player at that tournament and was their best player at Euro 2016 even if was quiet in final.

Sounds like you didnt even watch him at Atletico to be honest and just go with ideas he failed in big games due to missing pen in CL final.

I said he had a good tournament in 2016. Its all about in the big matches when his team needed inspiration. Even back then, like it or not, the man failed to step up in a number of finals against elite competition. Thats not non-sense and its disingenuous to pretend that it is.

Its one thing to score against big sides when you are the underdog. And I will acknowledge he certainly had some good performances for Atleti but its another thing completely to succeed when the expectations are high.

Again, not saying he is a bad player, just not someone to place expectations of leading the team now that Messi is gone.

malvolio

I said he had a good tournament in 2016. Its all about in the big matches when his team needed inspiration. Even back then, like it or not, the man failed to step up in a number of finals against elite competition. Thats not non-sense and its disingenuous to pretend that it is.

Its one thing to score against big sides when you are the underdog. And I will acknowledge he certainly had some good performances for Atleti but its another thing completely to succeed when the expectations are high.

Again, not saying he is a bad player, just not someone to place expectations of leading the team now that Messi is gone.

look up also how he scores lately. it's mainly balls ricocheted or deflected to him, tons of space to prepare his shot(no pressure), tap-ins and the odd golazo.

the rest of the time he is always on his tiptoes prancing around the field. that makes me smash the tv whenever i see him.

jamrock

12 La Liga (because he's trash)
8 in the cup
4 CL

& We will hear a bunch of irrelevant stat about how the total numbers compare well to X player that's better than him, until you take a real look at the numbers & break them down.

JamDav1982

He was good in 2016.

Was good for Atletico in biggest games.. scored more against Real and in more games than Messi did in that time I am sure.

Had a good WC in 2018 when they won and he was named 3rd best player in tournament.

Scored twice in Europa final for Atletico to win it for them after taking them past Arsenal in semis etc.

Was good in majority of big games and it was stronger La Liga then and better Atletico than last season.

You started off by claiming he was poor in biggest games then change it to.. well he was underdog in those games so it doesnt count. By those rules there is barely any 'big' games to give credit for.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

look up also how he scores lately. it's mainly balls ricocheted or deflected to him, tons of space to prepare his shot(no pressure), tap-ins and the odd golazo.

the rest of the time he is always on his tiptoes prancing around the field. that makes me smash the tv whenever i see him.

Well thats what you see when try to find reasons to ignore any goal he scores but never do same for others.

i_bleed_blaugrana

He was good in 2016.

Was good for Atletico in biggest games.. scored more against Real and in more games than Messi did in that time I am sure.

Had a good WC in 2018 when they won and he was named 3rd best player in tournament.

Scored twice in Europa final for Atletico to win it for them after taking them past Arsenal in semis etc.

Was good in majority of big games and it was stronger La Liga then and better Atletico than last season.

You started off by claiming he was poor in biggest games then change it to.. well he was underdog in those games so it doesnt count. By those rules there is barely any 'big' games to give credit for.

Nope. Just read and stop extrapolating just because I am criticizing him.

Last time Im going to respond if you arent going to add anything to this:

- Greizmann is a good support player but has never really been great at being the main man.

- The story of Atleti and their success has always been their defense. Greizmann certainly played his part and had some big moments but the two seasons (15-16, 17-16) they build that team around him, he wasnt enough to guide them to trophies and did not show up in the final when Atleti needed him to against Real.

- 16 France was a similar story: did enough to get them there but not enough to win it. Then, in 18 when the team was more built around Mbappe, BOOM, France win the whole thing.

Bottom line: his team sometimes wins and has success when he is a support role but when the team is built around him and his strengths, they do decently but fall short of delivering. All I am saying here, chief.

So we could please get in the now, his display tonight demonstrated a lot of what I am talking about: a lot of effort, a lot of nice little touches here and there and helping with the build-up and that is cute and all but at the end of the day, Memphis and Braithwaite delivered the end product.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Seems like this poll lacks one alternative.
But across all competitions, he should of course reach 10 goals if he plays. I hope he gets sold already in winter. I don't think he will score much more than before, I could see him score even less.

Home of Barca Fans