User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: 2021/22 squad

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    hardyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In Your <3
    Posts
    3,747
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fati----Depay----Demir
    --Pedri--Busi--De Jong--
    Alba--Pique--Araujo---Dest
    ------------Ter Stegan-------------

  2. #32
    Blaugrana al vent
    te amo barca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    11,836
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hardyboy View Post
    Fati----Depay----Demir
    --Pedri--Busi--De Jong--
    Alba--Pique--Araujo---Dest
    ------------Ter Stegan-------------
    Stegen, Busi and Pique obvious weak links in an otherwise solid 11. Don't know about Demir for now.

  3. #33
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,837
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stegen
    Dest pique araujo alba
    De jong busi pedri
    Coutinho
    Depay fati

    Koemann has the job to filtrate by january what should be our strongest first 11, is it with coutinho, dembele, demir in attack, or mf with de jong and pedri in double pivot which im sceptical about, it looks good on paper but dont know in reality:
    Dest pique araujo alba
    De jong pedri
    Dembele coutinho fati
    Depay

    Without cardioman we might get more directly offensively, coutinho thrives in fast transition game so he might be a key to deploy good through balls for fati and dembele but cant see how can we defensively be compact with coutinho, two wingers and forward in our lineup against stronger opponents.

    Maybe with roberto on rm instead of dembele but we lose pace upfront
    Dest pique araujo alba
    De jong pedri
    Bob coutinho fati
    Depay

    Its not that we dont have options, but the current squad is terribly balanced.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    14,436
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul_z View Post
    Its not that we dont have options, but the current squad is terribly balanced.
    I think we were unbalanced for years playing mostly without wingers since Neymar left with Messi and/or Griez/Suarez upfront and we have a chance to become a more balanced team (with obvious less quality) now if Ansu will fully recover (hopefully) and Dembele can stay fit (very big IF knowing his injury history).

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Xaviniesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    4,502
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -----Fati---Depay---Demb
    -----------Coutinho--------
    -----Roberto------FDJ-------
    -Alba-Pique-Araujo-Mingueza-

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    13,763
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    I think we were unbalanced for years playing mostly without wingers since Neymar left with Messi and/or Griez/Suarez upfront and we have a chance to become a more balanced team (with obvious less quality) now if Ansu will fully recover (hopefully) and Dembele can stay fit (very big IF knowing his injury history).
    The last time you could argue we had balanced squad was in 2017 tbh.
    We had Umtiti and Messi was still a bit quick along with Neymar.
    But I would argue it was early 2016 when midfield was balanced, Alves was on last lungs, Messi was still a winger.
    We lacked a Sporting director with vision for years tbh.

  7. #37
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,335
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    The last time you could argue we had balanced squad was in 2017 tbh.
    We had Umtiti and Messi was still a bit quick along with Neymar.
    But I would argue it was early 2016 when midfield was balanced, Alves was on last lungs, Messi was still a winger.
    We lacked a Sporting director with vision for years tbh.
    Yep that's what screwed us, we fail to transitions properly from around 2015 and it's been going steady down hill since then, but a few bright moments had some fooled.