Alba--Pique--Araujo---Dest
------------Ter Stegan-------------

Kul_z

Stegen
Dest pique araujo alba
De jong busi pedri
Coutinho
Depay fati

Koemann has the job to filtrate by january what should be our strongest first 11, is it with coutinho, dembele, demir in attack, or mf with de jong and pedri in double pivot which im sceptical about, it looks good on paper but dont know in reality:
Dest pique araujo alba
De jong pedri
Dembele coutinho fati
Depay

Without cardioman we might get more directly offensively, coutinho thrives in fast transition game so he might be a key to deploy good through balls for fati and dembele but cant see how can we defensively be compact with coutinho, two wingers and forward in our lineup against stronger opponents.

Maybe with roberto on rm instead of dembele but we lose pace upfront
Dest pique araujo alba
De jong pedri
Bob coutinho fati
Depay

Its not that we dont have options, but the current squad is terribly balanced.

Messi983

Its not that we dont have options, but the current squad is terribly balanced.

I think we were unbalanced for years playing mostly without wingers since Neymar left with Messi and/or Griez/Suarez upfront and we have a chance to become a more balanced team (with obvious less quality) now if Ansu will fully recover (hopefully) and Dembele can stay fit (very big IF knowing his injury history).

Xaviniesta

-----Fati---Depay---Demb
-----------Coutinho--------
-----Roberto------FDJ-------
-Alba-Pique-Araujo-Mingueza-

khaled_a_d

I think we were unbalanced for years playing mostly without wingers since Neymar left with Messi and/or Griez/Suarez upfront and we have a chance to become a more balanced team (with obvious less quality) now if Ansu will fully recover (hopefully) and Dembele can stay fit (very big IF knowing his injury history).

The last time you could argue we had balanced squad was in 2017 tbh.
We had Umtiti and Messi was still a bit quick along with Neymar.
But I would argue it was early 2016 when midfield was balanced, Alves was on last lungs, Messi was still a winger.
We lacked a Sporting director with vision for years tbh.

jamrock

The last time you could argue we had balanced squad was in 2017 tbh.
We had Umtiti and Messi was still a bit quick along with Neymar.
But I would argue it was early 2016 when midfield was balanced, Alves was on last lungs, Messi was still a winger.
We lacked a Sporting director with vision for years tbh.

Yep that's what screwed us, we fail to transitions properly from around 2015 and it's been going steady down hill since then, but a few bright moments had some fooled.

Birdy

Alright.
Winter Transfer Window is over
And our attack looks stacked for the rest of the season.

We started the season with:
Memphis, Griezman, Braithwate, Demir, and (after the end of the summer window) Luuk

Let's say that the idea w/o injuries and after the end of the window was:
Ansu, Dembele, Memphis, Braithwate, Luuk, Demir

Now, we have:
Dembele, Auba, Ferran, Adama, Memphis, Braithwate, Luuk, Abde, Jutgla
(I am excluding only Ansu who is going to absent for a while)
and the idea is:
Ansu, Dembele, Memphis, Braithwate, Luuk, Adama, Ferran, Auba, Abde, Jutgla

So, we have added 3 TOP starting XI, or potentially starting, players in the overall picture, and just substituted Demir with Abde and Jutgla who are both better.
Even W/O Ansu, we are still FAR BETTER OFF than with what we started in August when there was again no Ansu and no Dembele

I think there should be no excuses anymore about our attack.
IMO Dembele (now that he is allowed to play), Auba, Ferran, Adama, Memphis should play the most until Ansu is back,
with Abde, Jutgla, Luuk, and Braith just filling in when necessary

From any POV you see it, our attack is >>>>>>>> than our attack during the 1st half the season.

iniestaGOAT

Alright.
Winter Transfer Window is over
And our attack looks stacked for the rest of the season.

We started the season with:
Memphis, Griezman, Braithwate, Demir, and (after the end of the summer window) Luuk

Let's say that the idea w/o injuries and after the end of the window was:
Ansu, Dembele, Memphis, Braithwate, Luuk, Demir

Now, we have:
Dembele, Auba, Ferran, Adama, Memphis, Braithwate, Luuk, Abde, Jutgla
(I am excluding only Ansu who is going to absent for a while)
and the idea is:
Ansu, Dembele, Memphis, Braithwate, Luuk, Adama, Ferran, Auba, Abde, Jutgla

So, we have added 3 TOP starting XI, or potentially starting, players in the overall picture, and just substituted Demir with Abde and Jutgla who are both better.
Even W/O Ansu, we are still FAR BETTER OFF than with what we started in August when there was again no Ansu and no Dembele

I think there should be no excuses anymore about our attack.
IMO Dembele (now that he is allowed to play), Auba, Ferran, Adama, Memphis should play the most until Ansu is back,
with Abde, Jutgla, Luuk, and Braith just filling in when necessary

From any POV you see it, our attack is >>>>>>>> than our attack during the 1st half the season.

Now time to fix the defense and cdm

Bobo32

Coutinho, Aguero and Griezmann, for all their faults, are probably all better players than Aubameyang, Traore and Torres.

Torres has not impressed yet, but I think he is a good addition although he cost a bit much. Let us see what the other two can bring before ruling them out, but I think it's mostly just two heads with names rather than good players that can keep a spot and play well.

ajnotkeith

Coutinho, Aguero and Griezmann, for all their faults, are probably all better players than Aubameyang, Traore and Torres.

Torres has not impressed yet, but I think he is a good addition although he cost a bit much. Let us see what the other two can bring before ruling them out, but I think it's mostly just two heads with names rather than good players that can keep a spot and play well.
Spot on except Auba could be our signing of the season if he stays fit

mc_lovin

I would take Auba, Traore and Torres over Coutinho and Griezmann any day of the week for us though. And that without even considering their salaries. If you do that... oh boy...

(Aguero is an unfortunate case)

Porque

Aguero would have been useful if he had the gas in the tank to be a super sub as he suggested against Madrid.

Coutinho and Geezmann are individually great players that worked in the half positions that out setup didn't provide.

Adama and Auba should be the most useful for the goals that we need to secure right now. But probably mostly because they haven't let us down yet like GeezCo.

In 3 months time we may be clamouring for the returns of Dani Garcia and Juan Antonio Pizzi.

Home of Barca Fans