Why cannot we register our new players?

kattanib

What is the rule that is holding us back? .. Is it number of players? Total salary?

What are the solutions? .. why instead of selling we simply do not register some of the deadweights and register the new signings instead? Seems like a logical solution that should work

messi2140

6racies Xavi
So far it's just rumours and speculation. Will have a much clearer picture in less than a week when we face Sociedad.

kattanib

From what I read it is the salary cap .. which does not make any sense

Are we allowed to pay Depay his salary? Obviously

Are we allowed to pay Umtiti his salary? Obviously

If Depay salary = Umtiti salary, then will La Liga allow us to register Depay? Probably not because we will exceed the salary cap of registered players

If Depay salary = Umtiti salary, then will La Liga allow us to register Depay instead of Umtiti? Should be yes because our salary of registered players will not have changed

What if our current salaries without the new signings already exceeds the la liga cap? Then in that case we should also be forced to unregister some of our current players

What am I missing??!

Yannik

I too asked myself this today.

We know the current squad, even without the new signings, already exceeds the cap. I want to know what the consequences would be. Would Barca get sanctioned? Or would they have to pick which current squad members get registered?

The last part would mean that not only the new signings are in danger of not playing the next 6 months, but even parts of the current squad.

Last edited:

kattanib

You can't , if that was case the Messi could have been registered since Messi was considered a new signing because his contract expired.

Messis case is different. His salary would have counted no less than 50% of his previous one because of La Liga salary cap rules (even if he was playing for free) .. which means we probably would have had to unregister 5 or so key players

Last edited:

mc_lovin

But the current squad, even without the new signings, already exceeds the cap. I too wonder what the consequences are going to be. Would Barca get sanctioned? Or would they have to pick which current squad members get registered?

We can't register new players, that's the consequence (for now). There's an exception with the 1:4 rule though. That's the angle we can use (but has proven to be difficult and virtually impossible for Messi).

kattanib

But the current squad, even without the new signings, already exceeds the cap. I too wonder what the consequences are going to be. Would Barca get sanctioned? Or would they have to pick which current squad members get registered?

It could be that the problem we are facing is due to two different facts:

1. Our current registered players exceed the salary cap

2. You are limited to the number of players you can unregister, and if we proceed and unregister players as per the limit we still are above the salary cap

Yannik

We can't register new players, that's the consequence (for now). There's an exception with the 1:4 rule though. That's the angle we can use (but has proven to be difficult and virtually impossible for Messi).

yes, I know you cant register the new signings.
But can you register the entire current squad, which apparently already exceeds FFP?

kattanib

I see, but the question then becomes are we allowed to unregister players? If so, we can meet the cap rules through unregistering deadweights and then go from there and register the ones we want

mc_lovin

We can choose not to register players, but the old ones will still count towards the salary limit (and we didn't reduce the wage for the 4:1 rule). Basically does nothing for us. We can't choose Depay over Umtiti for example, that would defeat the entire purpose of the regulations. I hope things are clearer now.

Yannik

We can choose not to register players, but the old ones will still count towards the salary limit (and we didn't reduce the wage for the 4:1 rule). Basically does nothing for us. We can't choose Depay over Umtiti for example, that would defeat the entire purpose of the regulations. I hope things are clearer now.

Almost, I would just like to know what the consequences are going to be when even without Messi, Aguero, Depay, Garcia and Emerson the salary cap is still not reached.
I'm interested to know how Barca would get punished here by La Liga.

kattanib

We should not be allowed to sign Depay or any other player in that case though, right?

If the problem is in the salary of registered La Liga players, then we should be able to register whoever we want as long as we meet the salary cap demands.

If the problem is our teams overall salary regardless registered or not, then we should not be allowed to sign players to begin with.

The more I ask and get responses the more confused I get :lol:

Home of Barca Fans