User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will win La Liga?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barcelona

    17 39.53%
  • Real Madrid

    19 44.19%
  • Atletico Madrid

    7 16.28%
  • Sevilla

    0 0%
  • Other

    0 0%
Page 91 of 152 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2280

Thread: La Liga 2021/22

  1. #1351
    Senior Member
    KingLeo10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Posts
    12,427
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    That Iniesta would play awesome in this Madrid. The problem is not 1-2 veterans, the problem was that Barca was full of them and the majority of them were lazy and unprofessional.
    Iniesta had more talent than Modric, and was a better big game player, but he had poorer stamina and longevity.

    17-18 Iniesta would warm the bench at current RM.

    Of course, career wise and peak it's not a contest.

  2. #1352
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    13,637
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    That Iniesta would play awesome in this Madrid. The problem is not 1-2 veterans, the problem was that Barca was full of them and the majority of them were lazy and unprofessional.
    and looks like we sold the wrong veterans


    my motto:

    don't hate other people if you don't agree with them

    i stand for objecitivity

    barcaforum have some fake barcafans

  3. #1353
    Senior Member
    Richard.H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    8,037
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    Iniesta had more talent than Modric, and was a better big game player, but he had poorer stamina and longevity.

    17-18 Iniesta would warm the bench at current RM.

    Of course, career wise and peak it's not a contest.
    True. Big props to Modric's fitness level at his age, no doubt a lot better than Iniesta's. Otherwise I would put almost every other metric in Iniesta's favor.
    Se Queda

  4. #1354
    Senior Member
    Fati_Future_BallonDor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    X
    Posts
    13,637
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Portugal
    Under Carlo Modric seems to play better than under Zidane last season


    my motto:

    don't hate other people if you don't agree with them

    i stand for objecitivity

    barcaforum have some fake barcafans

  5. #1355
    New signing

    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard.H View Post
    True. Big props to Modric's fitness level at his age, no doubt a lot better than Iniesta's. Otherwise I would put almost every other metric in Iniesta's favor.
    Modric is and always was better than Iniesta. Thats just a fact. Only if yore watching football games drunk while living in some parallel universe these last 10 years.

  6. #1356
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17,098
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    Under Carlo Modric seems to play better than under Zidane last season
    Perhaps, but he will be absolutely knackered in a couple of months if he is going to play every game.

  7. #1357
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    15,887
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Borja Mayoral and Gonzalo Villar to Getafe. Solid signings.
    Oscar Rodriguez also joining Getafe on loan.
    ES LO QUE HAY...

  8. #1358
    Villarato!
    El Gato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolfe's Den
    Posts
    14,221
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Tokelau
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Perhaps, but he will be absolutely knackered in a couple of months if he is going to play every game.
    Didn't folk say that last year and he ran circles around (albeit equally somewhat decimated) Liverpool

    Checked it. Dude got benched for 3 league games in autumn and 1 in spring before Pool and Chelsea. Never got injured. Played the league down to the wire almost. Did performance suffer.. eeh debatable.
    I suspect Carlo will rest him more in March ish time considering he's never gonna drop any of the 3 for big games
    Last edited by El Gato; 18th January 2022 at 02:02 AM.
    Some are boring, some are not.

  9. #1359
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,686
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gato View Post
    Didn't folk say that last year and he ran circles around (albeit equally somewhat decimated) Liverpool

    Checked it. Dude got benched for 3 league games in autumn and 1 in spring before Pool and Chelsea. Never got injured. Played the league down to the wire almost. Did performance suffer.. eeh debatable.
    I suspect Carlo will rest him more in March ish time considering he's never gonna drop any of the 3 for big games
    Quality cannot be unlearned.
    But you can see his shortcomings (and Kroos') when faced teams that press with intensity.
    Funny that you cite Liverpool game, when in the 2nd game Liverpool totally suffocated RM md

  10. #1360
    Villarato!
    El Gato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wolfe's Den
    Posts
    14,221
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Tokelau
    Saying it as if RM didn't go Anfield with a 2 goal lead and held it while having 3/4 of the backline missing

    Quality is one thing
    But there's also the kind of meritocracy you get drawn into by acknowledging an quality vet that actually hurts the side if you persist in old ways when limits continue to get exploited eventually.
    Had this chat on some other forums - I genuinely can't remember a player over 35 that would play as much a role as he does here. Scholes came back to save United and Giggs played too but neither were anywhere near status and health levels as Modrić. Blessing and a curse situation if I've ever seen one
    Last edited by El Gato; 18th January 2022 at 04:55 AM.
    Some are boring, some are not.

  11. #1361
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    15,887
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Betis looking good.

    RDT has lost it, two yellow cards in 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Messi983; 21st January 2022 at 10:43 PM.
    ES LO QUE HAY...

  12. #1362
    Senior Member
    catalinutzR80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Posting perfection in the Women's thread
    Posts
    16,780
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Betis winning 4-1 away at Espanyol.


    Betis stop winning so much pls.
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"


    - I will NOT watch another Barcelona game untill Valverde leaves -

  13. #1363
    Senior Member
    catalinutzR80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Posting perfection in the Women's thread
    Posts
    16,780
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuck off Sevilla
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"


    - I will NOT watch another Barcelona game untill Valverde leaves -

  14. #1364
    Culé de Celestial Empire
    Luftstalag14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Beijing
    Posts
    21,905
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sevilla won't be able to challenge Real Madrid for the title anyways.

    It will be really hard for us to get into top 4.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

  15. #1365
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    36,653
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catalinutzR80 View Post
    fuck off Sevilla
    You don't really believe Madrid will lose to title vs Sevilla do you?