La Liga 2021/22

Who will win La Liga?

• Total voters

Birdy

Didn't folk say that last year and he ran circles around (albeit equally somewhat decimated) Liverpool

Checked it. Dude got benched for 3 league games in autumn and 1 in spring before Pool and Chelsea. Never got injured. Played the league down to the wire almost. Did performance suffer.. eeh debatable.
I suspect Carlo will rest him more in March ish time considering he's never gonna drop any of the 3 for big games

Quality cannot be unlearned.
But you can see his shortcomings (and Kroos') when faced teams that press with intensity.
Funny that you cite Liverpool game, when in the 2nd game Liverpool totally suffocated RM md

El Gato

Villarato!
Saying it as if RM didn't go Anfield with a 2 goal lead and held it while having 3/4 of the backline missing

Quality is one thing
But there's also the kind of meritocracy you get drawn into by acknowledging an quality vet that actually hurts the side if you persist in old ways when limits continue to get exploited eventually.
Had this chat on some other forums - I genuinely can't remember a player over 35 that would play as much a role as he does here. Scholes came back to save United and Giggs played too but neither were anywhere near status and health levels as Modrić. Blessing and a curse situation if I've ever seen one

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Sevilla won't be able to challenge Real Madrid for the title anyways.

It will be really hard for us to get into top 4.

fergus90

I might be in the minority here but I really don't think it will be difficult to get into top 4. We had a shocking start to the season with b team attackers and we are still only literally 1 point off.

Obviously a loss against Atletico and that's a big setback.

Provided the likes of Pedri and Ferran stay fit, we will get there.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I might be in the minority here but I really don't think it will be difficult to get into top 4. We had a shocking start to the season with b team attackers and we are still only literally 1 point off.

Obviously a loss against Atletico and that's a big setback.

Provided the likes of Pedri and Ferran stay fit, we will get there.

I think the top 2 are pretty much set, Madrid and Sevilla, the race for three and four will be very tight: Betis is not losing steam, Sociedad is there, Atletico is there, Villarreal is gaining ground and even Valencia is closing in. Perhaps, just perhaps, Sociedad will taper off later, but Atletico and Villarreal together with Betis will fight us hard for the remaining two spots.

And with Xavi and how he managed us and our bad luck of injuries, I am not sure at all if we can get there.

Gari

I think the top 2 are pretty much set, Madrid and Sevilla, the race for three and four will be very tight: Betis is not losing steam, Sociedad is there, Atletico is there, Villarreal is gaining ground and even Valencia is closing in. Perhaps, just perhaps, Sociedad will taper off later, but Atletico and Villarreal together with Betis will fight us hard for the remaining two spots.

And with Xavi and how he managed us and our bad luck of injuries, I am not sure at all if we can get there.

Sevilla was very lucky in the first circle, now the luck is over. they hardly scored points. They are out of the Champions League, KK, like us.Atletico is sinking. Our place in the top four is legal. We did not lose to the motivated Athletic B on their field, it was a draw.And Bar?a played badly and the squad was weak.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
So when are Atleti going to move on from Simeone? Reckon he'll stay until the end of his contract 2024?

Home of Barca Fans