Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not sure why Argentina are written off so easily. They have good players all over the field that works hard and presses a tonne. They are not reliant on Messi and have been winning games without him too so they have a system that includes him rather than trying to make Messi the system or build completely around him.

Guess we'll see how they do vs. Italy this summer in the European Champions vs South American Champions game to be held in London.

The competition is not what it used to be either. France, Germany, Spain, Portugal(if they even make it lol), Brazil all have holes too. Either because of a dinosaur graded head coach or issues in defence, midfield or attack.

BarcaOG

Banned
Not sure why Argentina are written off so easily. They have good players all over the field that works hard and presses a tonne. They are not reliant on Messi and have been winning games without him too so they have a system that includes him rather than trying to make Messi the system or build completely around him.

Guess we'll see how they do vs. Italy this summer in the European Champions vs South American Champions game to be held in London.

The competition is not what it used to be either. France, Germany, Spain, Portugal(if they even make it lol), Brazil all have holes too. Either because of a dinosaur graded head coach or issues in defence, midfield or attack.

LMFAO HERE IT IS BOYS
it begins
the next cycle of delusion

say it with me boys
hes saving himself for qatar

it didnt even take a day :lol:

He should improve his mentality I think.
Back in the days, like in 2011 for example, he was a lion with a winner-gladiator-mentality and never gave up !
His mind is different now. He needs a coach to get it up and recover from disappointments ! Look at Modric and Benzema for example; they are old, but they fight till the end and they act as team-leaders

DonAK

LMFAO HERE IT IS BOYS
it begins
the next cycle of delusion

say it with me boys
hes saving himself for qatar

it didnt even take a day :lol:

Hmm.

So when people push back on your takes you cry and insult others and now when I talk about how Argentina have built a team that doesn't rely on Messi doing well and have a chance because other NTs aren't great as they used to be I am being delusional? I didn't say they'll win. I am saying they have a chance.

Where did I say that Messi is saving himself up for Qatar anyway?

How are you able to be such a twat all the time?

BarcaOG

Banned
Hmm.

So when people push back on your takes you cry and insult others and now when I talk about how Argentina have built a team that doesn't rely on Messi doing well and have a chance because other NTs aren't great as they used to be I am being delusional? I didn't say they'll win. I am saying they have a chance.

Where did I say that Messi is saving himself up for Qatar anyway?

How are you able to be such a twat all the time?

you are slowly revving up the saving himself for qatar engines by suggesting theres a shot at the WC, lol :lol: thats how it begins.

KingLeo10

WC is open ended IMO. But Messi will need to muster up and dig deep like he did in the Copa. I thought his approach to the season with PSG was pretty poor in retrospect. He and Ramos (my god, even worse) were a disaster in how casually they approached it all. He was already declined a lot in 20/21 compared to his prime (obviously), but he still had like 38 goals and 15ish assists last season? And then 4 goals and 4 assists in Copa? Those are numbers of one of the top players in the world, regardless of what you think about whether he deserved the Ballon D'Or or not.

I don't think his ability has all of a sudden totally vanished. It's heavily declined but not completely gone. I want to see him play with more fire in the remainder CL or WC matches he plays from here on out. Not saying that would be enough to win big trophies (man is almost 35 after all), but no one has a problem with respectable eliminations.

DonAK

you are slowly revving up the saving himself for qatar engines by suggesting theres a shot at the WC, lol :lol: thats how it begins.

Please don't spew your BS on my takes unless I make such posts. Thanks.

If you look at betting odds which some of you for some inexplicable reasons love(not sure some of you know how those work) Argentina, Spain, England and France aren't far apart in those odds.

WC is open ended IMO. But Messi will need to muster up and dig deep like he did in the Copa. I thought his approach to the season with PSG was pretty poor in retrospect. He and Ramos (my god, even worse) were a disaster in how casually they approached it all. He was already declined a lot in 20/21 compared to his prime (obviously), but he still had like 38 goals and 15ish assists last season? And then 4 goals and 4 assists in Copa? Those are numbers of one of the top players in the world, regardless of what you think about whether he deserved the Ballon D'Or or not.

I don't think his ability has all of a sudden totally vanished. It's heavily declined but not completely gone. I want to see him play with more fire in the remainder CL or WC matches he plays from here on out. Not saying that would be enough to win big trophies (man is almost 35 after all), but no one has a problem with respectable eliminations.

National Team football in general tend to be much slower and conservative too. Club football and the Champions League is IMO twice the competition simply because the overall level and pace and intensity is much higher.

It might suit him too because the intensity is much lower.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He should improve his mentality I think.
Back in the days, like in 2011 for example, he was a lion with a winner-gladiator-mentality and never gave up !
His mind is different now. He needs a coach to get it up and recover from disappointments ! Look at Modric and Benzema for example; they are old, but they fight till the end and they act as team-leaders

Under pep messi was a beast in terms of running and 'wanting to win a match', nobody expect from him to run like to that days but walking while team is 2-1 down is unacceptable.

BarcaOG

Banned
messi hasnt been respectably eliminated since 2016

from 2-0 to 3-1 in like 15 minutes is preeeeeetttyyyy embarrassing. certainly not as bad as his barca eliminations but not great either

Messigician

Agreed

Fati_Future_BallonDor

As i said a few weeks ago you need to make him angry if you want the best from Messi these days, tissue-Messi is needed :frenkie:

KingLeo10

messi hasnt been respectably eliminated since 2016

from 2-0 to 3-1 in like 15 minutes is preeeeeetttyyyy embarrassing. certainly not as bad as his barca eliminations but not great either

I'm saying he has to make the eliminations respectable. He scored 2 against a very strong Pool side, and scored 2 v PSG last season. Those are respectable eliminations on a personal level.

The other losses are not respectable on a personal level. On a team level, one player can only do so much. Even the young and hungry Mbappe keeps getting dunked on team wise (5 straight CL chokes) even though he himself is good in majority of those losses.

DonAK

I'd also say that Argentina have a chance because they're playing more freely now without the added pressure of not having won something for decades. So they're in a better place mentally too. Although a lot can change until this winter as it will depend a lot on which team is coming into the WC fitter and with momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans