Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

I'm pretty sure most here don't even watch PSG games outside of a few CL games, I know I don't.

Most here aren't temp, following lewa to which ever club he plays for to the point of joining a Barcelona related forum.

If Barcelona can't win the CL, I certainly don't want Real, Bayern or any epl team to win, nor would I want PSG, but Messi's their so it's the lesser of all the evils.

I don't get why some wouldn't want Bayern or an EPL club to win it more than PSG

Some of the people here that say they are Barca fans might be only Messi FC fans and they don't know it.
Maybe they started watching Barca since 2006 when Messi was around, and they thought they are Barca fans, but only now that he doesn't play for Barca it's time to realize if they ever really were Barca fans and not simply Messi fans

Birdy

Birdy has some good football takes, but like a few others here, he is simply incapable of accepting an L when there is one to be accepted gracefully

The man professes to believe in scientific rigor/impassioned objectivity etc. and routinely and unironically attributes RM's CL dominance of the 2010s to voodoo and black magic :lol:

The man has spent the last 3-4 years trying to convince everyone Messi is a washed up bum who is a detriment to all teams, including 2022 Argentina. The same 2022 Argentina who were routinely backed by fivethirtyeight (a pioneering data science/analytics website) to be the deserving champions and who Birdy routinely uses in his arguments for teams (but conveniently only when fivethirtyeight's assessment matches with his preconceived notions)

Any opinions to the contrary are labeled trolling or delusional (dude call me a delusional or troll when I said Argentina were among the contender for the 2022 WC :lol:)

Having been through academia previously: He's one of those who considers himself the smartest man in the room/ someone privy to some higher understanding on matters simply because he was trained in scientific methodology. Meanwhile, actual geniuses over the years (Einstein, Feynman, Bohr etc.) have all routinely emphasized that they key to scientific exercise/endeavor is to not be as absolutely sure about things as you think you are.

TL;DR: Don't pay him much attention in THIS thread.

This is ad honimem through and through dude
I was expecting better from you

Temptation

I don't get why some wouldn't want Bayern or an EPL club to win it more than PSG

Some of the people here that say they are Barca fans might be only Messi FC fans and they don't know it.
Maybe they started watching Barca since 2006 when Messi was around, and they thought they are Barca fans, but only now that he doesn't play for Barca it's time to realize if they ever really were Barca fans and not simply Messi fans

I'm telling you many of these lads hate that they have to pretend to be a Barca fan officially.

They "supported Barca" because of Messi. Now that Messi got the hell outta this club(all due to the club's fault mind you; Messi's PR team might be watching :lol:), they have to pretend to support Barca to save face.

It's so obvious. Anyone with basic knowledge of psychology can read these clowns like an open book.

They wish PSG win the CL now over Barca even if that harms the club because they don't actually give a flying fuck about the great institution that FC Barcelona is.

Now see the vitriol they'll throw against me because they know every word I wrote is true and I exposed them. :lol:

soul24rage

There's a difference.

I don't secretly wish for Barca to win because RL9 plays for them(actually the opposite). Just watch the games which RL9 plays if I can.

And I'm an LFC fan. There's never any conflict of interest. LFC always comes first in every situation. Not a glorthunter who latched on to the Barcelona bandwagon in their golden age when they were winning everything playing tiki taka. :lol:

I think this is what most of the fans in this forum is saying. Watch the games that Messi plays and hope he does well but Barca comes first if there is a game between Barca vs PSG.

soul24rage

1 month ago.

For me, the most important moment for Argentina in this tournament.

Fk8II1UWYAEuDeC

KingLeo10

Also, almost every international (i.e., not Catalan/living in Barcelona) football fan got introduced to Barca through one of their star players.

For me, it was R10. And then Messi, Xavi, Iniesta. Obviously, I'm going to follow those players around if they're playing at relevant clubs/competitions :lol:

There's some who follow CR7 around religiously (down to Portugal) - while being "diehard LFC fans". That's A LOT more strange than supporting an ex-Barcelona legend with 1000 G + A for Barcelona :lol:

BarcaOG

Banned
Also, almost every international (i.e., not Catalan/living in Barcelona) football fan got introduced to Barca through one of their star players.

For me, it was R10. And then Messi, Xavi, Iniesta. Obviously, I'm going to follow those players around if they're playing at relevant clubs/competitions :lol:

There's some who follow CR7 around religiously (down to Portugal) - while being "diehard LFC fans". That's A LOT more strange than supporting an ex-Barcelona legend with 1000 G + A for Barcelona :lol:

i think youre looking for the psg thread mate

serghei

This forum desperately needs another PSG trademark bottle job in CL to get back on the right tracks. The World Cup is over.

BarcaOG

Banned
CR is the undisputed CL goat though

or should we revisit messi's stunning, historic performance against RM earlier this year?

Windhook

There's a difference.

I don't secretly wish for Barca to win because RL9 plays for them(actually the opposite). Just watch the games which RL9 plays if I can.

And I'm an LFC fan. There's never any conflict of interest. LFC always comes first in every situation. Not a glorthunter who latched on to the Barcelona bandwagon in their golden age when they were winning everything playing tiki taka. :lol:

Must be in your mid 30's then. Watching Barca games since the age of 7-8, as a teenager I used to support a few clubs in Europe, not counting the local club wherever you live in. Used to support Arsenal with Bergkamp, Henry and Pires and I have huge respect for Arsene Wenger to this day. Also liked Inter Milan for being the underdogs between the grandes in Italy in the 90s, Ajax for the cool name and the mindblowing victory in 1995.

The last time I truly supported Arsenal was the 2006 CL semi-final against Villareal. The final game of CL that year I had absolutely zero support for them. I bleed blaugrana, man.

Today I still follow from distance Arsenal, Inter lost my support completely (even before the Mourinho era) and Ajax is the only club that still is in my heart.

All in all at this age I am, it's not normal to support every giant club from every country, which clearly is gloryhunting. I have few friends who support Real Madrid, Liverpool, AC Milan at the same time. A lot of options to choose to be happy in football I guess.

KingLeo10

CR is the undisputed CL goat though

or should we revisit messi's stunning, historic performance against RM earlier this year?

Sure, after we visit the greatest L in forum history

"Let me anticipate the inevitable:
he's saving himself for qatar"

:mou:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Me trying to explain to @Birdy that fans of other teams do often care about how their former legends do elsewhere. I know Bayern fans who keep an eye on how Lewandowski is doing at a Barca.

Somehow this guy managed to twist this into that people here root for PSG lol. I also made it clear that these guys are not even half of the legend Messi is at Barca, but somehow basic reading comprehension is difficult for this lad, or maybe he is just so butthurt from Messi winning the WC he don't care about it.

No you dumbass. I don't give a fuck about PSG, but I do always wish Messi to do well and rooted for him when with Argentina. PSG thread also is barely active on this forum during their games apart from people hoping Messi scores or commenting when he does something good for them.

Meanwhile Birdman here is following Liverpool and Klopp almost every game like he is a super fan of them.

99% of Barca fans locally in Barcelona or around the World root for Leo Messi. If you got a problem with that then too bad for you :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans