Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassvet

not sure about that, people will say that he flopped in a farmer league, imagine in biggest leagues where ronaldo scored for fun, dude scored 30 last year in Liga and now he'll struggle to even hit 15 at this rate, this is not looking good dawg, he'll become a meme.

by the way I don't think in premier at city he would have all those problems to even find a way to shot on target. problem here isn't even the ligue, is the fact that Messi went to a team that looks perfect to expose all his current weaknesses.

Ask anyone how many goals Neymar or Mbappe score in Ligue 1 and they won't have a clue. People only focus on what PSG do in CL. At City, Messi would be getting hammered for his lack of workrate. Ronaldo has covered like 9 km per match yet was still criticized hard on Sky yesterday even before the match for ruining United's ability to press high. Maybe Messi would score more but the scrutiny on his overall contribution would be high especially when joining a team that was so succesful last season without him.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Ask anyone how many goals Neymar or Mbappe score in Ligue 1 and they won't have a clue. People only focus on what PSG do in CL. At City, Messi would be getting hammered for his lack of workrate. Ronaldo has covered like 9 km per match yet was still criticized hard on Sky yesterday even before the match for ruining United's ability to press high. Maybe Messi would score more but the scrutiny on his overall contribution would be high especially when joining a team that was so succesful last season without him.

city does all the workrate which is needed they just need a goal scorer who scores constant. Ronaldo or Messi would have been lucky to go there.

frostdude1

Does anyone else feel like Messi has fallen off the face of the earth by going to PSG?
He?s still playing for a big team and I watch him play but it just feels like this is not the real Messi experience. He seems like any other player out there. With us, it was must-watch television.
I don?t know how to explain it.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Does anyone else feel like Messi has fallen off the face of the earth by going to PSG?
He?s still playing for a big team and I watch him play but it just feels like this is not the real Messi experience. He seems like any other player out there. With us, it was must-watch television.

When you saw barca-messi you remembered all the great moments which he has done in the barca jersey even if he had a bad day. In PSG he didnt do those things thats why it feels like a normal player who is playing so if he plays bad you cant compensate it with thinking about his glory moments with PSG - psychologist fati :p

KingLeo10

strongly disagree with that tbh

I like Chelsea's team more than City's but Pep knows how to use Messi better than anyone. Messi was his ace in the hole to ruthlessly finish what his orchestrators (Xaviesta) conjured up. Even back then, Messi only ran 8-9 km a game (9 on rare occasion too...).

Hardy

yeah but this when happened? when United started to lose points left and right, nobody care of that before, they even gave to him the best player of the month for 3 fluke goals. City is anyway much better than United.

KingLeo10

Leo will soon have 7 Ballon D'Or, 10 LL, 4 CL, 1 Copa America on his resume. Why are we worried about his legacy again? :lol:

Relax, things can only improve for him from here on. If he wins a CL at 35 years of age as a main man that would be tremendous...and I don't even need to mention the WC (lower chances of this but stranger things have happened).

Ain't nobody gonna look at his Ligue 1 goal scoring when judging him when the man scored 500 goals in LL (mostly when it was the best league around) and 125 and counting in CL

Windhook

Pep at City does a great job to balance the quality in the squad. The team is not dependent on one player, one day it's De Bruyne shining, other Mahrez or Gundogan. Lots of options, nothing like the trap we fell into eventually having Messi to pull the team forward with mediocre teammates in the last couple of seasons.

Rassvet

I like Chelsea's team more than City's but Pep knows how to use Messi better than anyone. Messi was his ace in the hole to ruthlessly finish what his orchestrators (Xaviesta) conjured up. Even back then, Messi only ran 8-9 km a game (9 on rare occasion too...).

Chelsea has a solid team but the style doesn’t suit Messi, especially an older version of Messi.

malvolio

I think it is more to do with the league style of play and how poor PSG are set up.

My cable provider, who has strong ties to La Liga(currently sponsoring 2 teams) has moved PSG games to its first channel, on prime time.

But for me the football played is too hard to watch. Lots of fouls and mistakes that make for a poor viewing experience. Also seeing Messi being played out of position, isolated on the right and not played enough by his team mates is frustrating.

SmilerBam

I think it is more to do with the league style of play and how poor PSG are set up.

My cable provider, who has strong ties to La Liga(currently sponsoring 2 teams) has moved PSG games to its first channel, on prime time.

But for me the football played is too hard to watch. Lots of fouls and mistakes that make for a poor viewing experience. Also seeing Messi being played out of position, isolated on the right and not played enough by his team mates is frustrating.

Haha, they put QSG on the prime channel( we know what channel it is),but i still don't think they have more viewers with that nothing club compared to Barca. QSG can buy even the Camp Nou, they will never be bigger than us.

ItachiXXX

Do you actually believe that if City signed Messi they're expecting him to press? They will sign him for his goals and creating goals, you can't expect old Messi to force himself to work more it's the job of his teammates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans