Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnN

Have we made him a statue outside camp Nou yet for keeping as competitive the last years?
A literally one man team and many still blamed him and expected more. We are worse than I have ever seen Barca. No drive, no passion, no technical ability, no brains, no plan.
This is not bad, this is unwatchable. At least some could tune in for Messi to pull a rabbit out f his ass, we have no one know.
Cope.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
5x5ovh.jpg

Rassvet

Have we made him a statue outside camp Nou yet for keeping as competitive the last years?
A literally one man team and many still blamed him and expected more. We are worse than I have ever seen Barca. No drive, no passion, no technical ability, no brains, no plan.
This is not bad, this is unwatchable. At least some could tune in for Messi to pull a rabbit out f his ass, we have no one know.
Cope.

Competitive? We lost 8-2 to Bayern and lost 4-1 and 3-0 at home to the worst PSG and Juve sides of recent history in his last 12 months. We had also lost the last three clasicos and were winless in the last three matches against Atletico.

He kept us towards of the league and got us results consistently against the weaker teams but we were just as out of depth against decent opposition.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
In all honesty, Messi might have helped us win some of those league games we lost, but I doubt we would have made any difference today.

If we have kept him here one more season, the result would probably be a tad better, but the next season will just be like the one we are having today. No second way about it.

malvolio

Remember the likes of serghei calling him a cunt and praying he would leave. Look where we are now. Hasn’t been able to watch a full Barca game all season. We are just so fucking done.

those hyenas are always in here when messi doesn't score for PSG. go figure

malvolio

In all honesty, Messi might have helped winning some of those league games we lost, but I doubt we would have made any difference today.

If we have kept him here one more season, the result would probably be a tad better, but the next season will just be like the one we are having today. No second way about it.

we wouldn't be in the position to finish 3rd in the group though.

you can transition without being completely shit. you can transition without having to beat the best team.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I still wouldn't want him back. We just needed to move on. We didn't manage to add attacking quality with him, Suarez and Griezmann gone, and Fati being injury prone. It's a combination of unfortunate factors and terrible planning

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I still wouldn't want him back. We just needed to move on. We didn't manage to add attacking quality with him, Suarez and Griezmann gone, and Fati being injury prone. It's a combination of unfortunate factors and terrible planning

He shouldn't come back now, but the time to move on from him wasn't now. At least not for us. For him it was probably the best to move on than be stuck with this rotten team.

Ideally we would have moved on when we had the pieces around to be competitive post-Messi.

KingLeo10

Competitive? We lost 8-2 to Bayern and lost 4-1 and 3-0 at home to the worst PSG and Juve sides of recent history in his last 12 months. We had also lost the last three clasicos and were winless in the last three matches against Atletico.

He kept us towards of the league and got us results consistently against the weaker teams but we were just as out of depth against decent opposition.

Because that was an aging Messi with a completely shit team.

DonAK and the others aren't saying he would win us matches against Bayern or elite CL teams on his own. Not even prime Messi can. No one can, ever.

They're saying we would almost always be a lock for top 4 and CL KOs with him in the squad.

The only part I didn't like about Messi was his high salary, but other than that, he absolutely carried this carcass of a team to whatever it achieved since 18/19.

Stop being a deliberately dense fuck about this.

malvolio

you're just embarrassing yourself with this shitty takes just because you're too proud to admit we are shit without him.

what the fuck did fati do for this club that would warrant all this high expectations?! it's as if we're missing prime eto'o due to injuries and we lost 30 goals a season without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans