Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 4760

Thread: Lionel Messi

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    You are twisting his words.
    Laporta continued: "I hoped Messi would do a u-turn and he would say he would play for free.

"I would have liked that and I would have been all for it. It is my understanding La Liga would have accepted it. But we cannot ask a player of Messi's stature to do this."

Where?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Stop with the lies and exaggeration, he didn't get paid 1BN.

So let me understand this. The fact that we paid him as the best player in football while he generated big income for the club anyway, should make him ask Laporta to play for free?

As stated by both sides - 50% cut was agreed, then Laporta came and said he got nothing to offer, not a cent. Messi should of been like "but but but could we work something out? I could do it for free ya know?!".

The way Laporta went into that meeting with empty hands and didn't try to work something out is on him. The idiot even told us that he couldn't offer less as it would have been disrespectful, but then concluded that he expected Messi to play for free.
    He earned 550m+ over the last five years alone. If we were to sum up his career earnings at FC Barcelona, I feel confident in stating that the figure is close to 1 billion euros before tax. Add sponsorship and ad deals into the equation, and the sum total surely reaches north of a billion euros. I don?t find it unreasonable to ask an employee who has earned around 1 billion euros in career earnings at the club to take a significant albeit temporary pay cut during hard economic times in order to find a mutual solution for club and player.

I agree with you that Messi?s market value is what clubs are willing to pay, which is why I said that he is free to make his own decision. In this case, he clearly chose oil money over loyalty to the one club that has given him everything (and vice versa, of course). If 1,000,000,000 doesn?t generate loyalty, what will? 😅

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by delancey View Post
    He earned 550m+ over the last five years alone. If we were to sum up his career earnings at FC Barcelona, I feel confident in stating that the figure is close to 1 billion euros before tax. Add sponsorship and ad deals into the equation, and the sum total surely reaches north of a billion euros. I don?t find it unreasonable to ask an employee who has earned around 1 billion euros in career earnings at the club to take a significant albeit temporary pay cut during hard economic times in order to find a mutual solution for club and player.

I agree with you that Messi?s market value is what clubs are willing to pay, which is why I said that he is free to make his own decision. In this case, he clearly chose oil money over loyalty to the one club that has given him everything (and vice versa, of course). If 1,000,000,000 doesn?t generate loyalty, what will? ��
    Surely, Barcelona has paid him over 1,000,000,000 over his career. Fact is, He chose money over loyalty when he left for PSG! I don?t think we should sugarcoat this fact. With that said, he is free to make his own decisions.
    You said Barcelona paid him that amount. What he makes from Adidas, Lays etc are not paid by Barcelona. So you lied.

He wanted to stay but Barcelona didn't offer shit in the end. Would you have liked that he went to Atletico as they don't pay him with oil money? Or you would have preferred he retired because the man he supported to win the presidency wasn't able to give him a contract?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you that Messi?s market value is what clubs are willing to pay, which is why I said that he is free to make his own decision. In this case, he clearly chose oil money over loyalty to the one club that has given him everything (and vice versa, of course). If 1,000,000,000 doesn?t generate loyalty, what will? ��
    1. He and the other Barca players did take a temporary pay cut of 70% when Covid happened
    2. From what I heard, he was legally only able to drop to 50% when signing the new deal.

Not sure what else he could have done.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was Messi I would have spit in the face of anyone the club asking me to play for free.
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"

- I will NOT watch another Barcelona game untill Valverde leaves -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said Barcelona paid him that amount. What he makes from Adidas, Lays etc are not paid by Barcelona. So you lied.

He wanted to stay but Barcelona didn't offer shit in the end. Would you have liked that he went to Atletico as they don't pay him with oil money? Or you would have preferred he retired because the man he supported to win the presidency wasn't able to give him a contract?
    Liar, liar, pants on fire! What we do know, according to a recent contract leak, is that his last contract was worth a sum total of 555,000,000 euros, which also included a signing on fee of 115m euros, and a loyalty bonus of 78m euros. If we were to sum up his total career earnings at FC Barcelona, it isn?t unreasonable to assume that he has earned ?around? 1 billion euros from the club pre-tax. Whether this figure is 880,000,000 euros or 1.3B is irrelevant to the discussion. He chose oil money over staying loyal to the club that has rewarded him with a figure north or slightly south of 1,000,000,000 euros throughout his career. I find it silly to even insinuate that he would be playing for free had he chosen to stay at Barcelona on significantly reduced wages.

To answer your last paragraph, I would have preferred Messi to have stayed loyal to FC Barcelona after everything the club has done for him throughout his career, and vice versa (including, but not limited to, paying out astronomical wages).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liar, liar, pants on fire! What we do know, according to a recent contract leak, is that his last contract was worth a sum total of 555,000,000 euros, which also included a signing on fee of 115m euros, and a loyalty bonus of 78m euros. If we were to sum up his total career earnings at FC Barcelona, it isn?t unreasonable to assume that he has earned ?around? 1 billion euros from the club pre-tax. Whether this figure is 880,000,000 euros or 1.3B is irrelevant to the discussion. He chose oil money over staying loyal to the club that has rewarded him with a figure north or slightly south of 1,000,000,000 euros throughout his career. I find it silly to even insinuate that he would be playing for free had he chosen to stay at Barcelona on significantly reduced wages.

To answer your last paragraph, I would have preferred Messi to have stayed loyal to FC Barcelona after everything the club has done for him throughout his career, and vice versa (including, but not limited to, paying out astronomical wages).
    so you just throw some numbers out there. good that we got that out of the way.

he was out of contract, barcelona didn't offer a new one. so yeah, he's the one that hasn't shown loyalty. but maybe you know better.

mate, you're just talking shit without any logic and regard to the course of events.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soul24rage View Post
    1. He and the other Barca players did take a temporary pay cut of 70% when Covid happened
    2. From what I heard, he was legally only able to drop to 50% when signing the new deal.

Not sure what else he could have done.
    I have read about the 50% wage reduction rule on multiple occasions, but have yet to see a reliable source confirming its existence. Maybe someone on here could share? Complicating matters, Messi was a free agent.

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have read about the 50% wage reduction rule on multiple occasions, but have yet to see a reliable source confirming its existence. Maybe someone on here could share? Complicating matters, Messi was a free agent.
    The 50% wage reduction rule was proven to be bollocks.....if I am right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    I?ve read the same.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is not even an information provided by club or messi. just a rumor off the internet. doesn't even matter in this case really.

what does matter is the fact laporta went into that meeting and told messi's father that there won't be any offer for his son. no 50%, no 30%, no 10% or 0.

but that clown then has the audacity to come in and say he would have liked if messi proposed himself for free.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone name me a player in history play for free for whole club season??? Not even mention a top player.

Loyalty lol. Anyone who try to split this nonsense, do you guys work for free the whole year for your company or go to another one with better offer???

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is not even an information provided by club or messi. just a rumor off the internet. doesn't even matter in this case really.

what does matter is the fact laporta went into that meeting and told messi's father that there won't be any offer for his son. no 50%, no 30%, no 10% or 0.

but that clown then has the audacity to come in and say he would have liked if messi proposed himself for free.
    It wasn't a rumour if I recall. Somebody misinterpreted the rules and regulations of La Liga. I remember the post was accompanied by photos of the rule book.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't a rumour if I recall. Somebody misinterpreted the rules and regulations of La Liga. I remember the post was accompanied by photos of the rule book.
    rumor as not official information. not from the league, club or player directly.

6racies Xavi
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The entire 50% percent rule started from one guy on twitter who misinterpreted the law and then it just spread like wildfire on the internet and taken as a fact. @delancey