Page 406 of 470 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 7036

Thread: Lionel Messi

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    the best passing midfield in the world could easily get through the press provided by PSG's forwards last night. see the second goal scored by jesus an notice that forwards tried to press but city moved the ball easily to the flank and then the goal came.

as a forward you can't be running non-stop to get the ball from deep and then to start running at the opposition midfield/defense. either tactics are wrong or personnel is not up to scratch.

the 'PSG forwards don't press at all' is just the easiest excuse and fits this narrative that in the modern game everyone presses. but if you look at both games vs city you can see neymar, mbappe and even messi trying to press and helping the defense.
    But PSG don't have the best passing midfield in the world. And should your team need to rely on that for the forwards to be effective?

I'm not saying what you think I'm saying. Of course it's not as simple as PSG forwards don't press. But that's not my argument. I just think they should have worked a bit harder higher up the pitch. This would enable the midfield to be higher up and defence. Shifting the field of play from mostly in PSG's half to the middle of the pitch and at times in city's half. This then would bring about more chances and more opportunities for Messi and co to create and score.

I do think the midfield is poor going forward on the ball though.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    But PSG don't have the best passing midfield in the world. And should your team need to rely on that for the forwards to be effective?

I'm not saying what you think I'm saying. Of course it's not as simple as PSG forwards don't press. But that's not my argument. I just think they should have worked a bit harder higher up the pitch. This would enable the midfield to be higher up and defence. Shifting the field of play from mostly in PSG's half to the middle of the pitch and at times in city's half. This then would bring about more chances and more opportunities for Messi and co to create and score.

I do think the midfield is poor going forward on the ball though.
    chasing ghosts higher up the field is not a solution either. every city defender and even GK could come out of that press. navas on the other hand was asking marquinos to take the ball and do something with it.

maybe the problem is that the collective press is not good enough. maybe it's a problem of tactics.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe the problem is that the collective press is not good enough. maybe it's a problem of tactics.
    There is no tactical solution when the front 3 plays like they do. All things considered PSG defended very well.

But not gonna lie, it's fun to see PSG fans having the same repetitive arguments we used to have here. Same applies to United and Ronaldo.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    There is no tactical solution when the front 3 plays like they do. All things considered PSG defended very well.

But not gonna lie, it's fun to see PSG fans having the same repetitive arguments we used to have here. Same applies to United and Ronaldo.
    PSG fans? are there any in here?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSG fans? are there any in here?
    Not here, but reddit for example.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    chasing ghosts higher up the field is not a solution either. every city defender and even GK could come out of that press. navas on the other hand was asking marquinos to take the ball and do something with it.

I'm not asking them to chase ghosts though. When the time is right they should always press and they don't. The tactics don't seem like they are there either, agree with that. Issue with a collective press is that it only works as a collective.

If Poch has anything about him he needs to demand collective pressing and if they don't do it when they should sub them off. If PSG want to sack him for it then there's a diva in Manchester waiting to not press for him too lol.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those front 3 can't play together. Neymar is done, he is ready for MLS, Mbappe is not a no.9 and Messi is old and unmotivated. Only hope for PSG is that they show some balls and bench Neymar but that won't happen. As a consequence they are defending with 7 players. Sometimes even with 6, when Di Maria is on the field. In addition to that, their midfield is horrible. Verratti is the only midfielder that can make the difference but he is injured all of the time. PSG will probably win Ligue 1 but they will lose against first strong opponent in CL. Their team is unbalanced as it gets.
    Last edited by Raketa10; 25th November 2021 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Counter attacking is imo the best solution again man city but the problem was that Messi and neymar cant run on top speed so it was clear as fuck that both will just try to play a long ball to Mbappe. Di Maria would have helped a lot and he should play over Neymar or Messi.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fati_Future_BallonDor View Post
    Counter attacking is imo the best solution again man city but the problem was that Messi and neymar cant run on top speed so it was clear as fuck that both will just try to play a long ball to Mbappe. Di Maria would have helped a lot and he should play over Neymar or Messi.
    Di Maria is done as it gets. He is basically semi retired player. There is no manager in the world who can coach this team full of egomaniacs. Did you see the front three and Di Maria yesterday. The all walked 80% of the time and none of them (Di Maria included) where willing to defend. No one can play on highest level like that. No team in the world can defend with only 6 or 7 players.
    Last edited by Raketa10; 25th November 2021 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raketa10 View Post
    Di Maria is done as it gets. He is basically semi retired player. There is no manager in the world who can coach this team full of egomaniacs.
    Nah last season against bayern and city di maria was their best player or at least one of the best. Di maria is able to play clever passes and can unlike Neymar/Messi still run fast with the ball. I would like to see Messi Mbappe Di maria front three but it wont happen. They would rather bench mbappe than Ney or Messi

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This PSG side really needs Veratti and Paredes before they can even think about challenging for the CL

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raketa10 View Post
    Di Maria is done as it gets. He is basically semi retired player. There is no manager in the world who can coach this team full of egomaniacs. Did you see the front three and Di Maria yesterday. The all walked 80% of the time and none of them (Di Maria included) where willing to defend. No one can play on highest level like that. No team in the world can defend with only 6 or 7 players.
    DiMaria is always one of the most hard working player for Argentina and PSG, not sure what you are smoking.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's pushing himself for the WC 2022 which is still a year in time. Decline is normal at his age, but seems to me Leo's gotten lazy at PSG thinking he's surrounded by megastars Mbappe, Veratti, Neymar, Ramos. On paper, yeah.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Windhook View Post
    He's pushing himself for the WC 2022 which is still a year in time. Decline is normal at his age, but seems to me Leo's gotten lazy at PSG thinking he's surrounded by megastars Mbappe, Veratti, Neymar, Ramos. On paper, yeah.

Ramos, yes, another aging star that the coach has to fit in there.

Ramos could still be good for them for all i know, but he is old, and has been injuried for most of the year.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    The level of trolling/flip flopping from Messigician and Rassvet is getting out of hand now.

Would you rather have Ibra's goal scoring record in Ligue 1 and MLS or Messi's goal scoring record in LL and CL.

Of all the players you could stan for (CR7, Lewa etc.), you choose a guy who was a complete CL flop and who got overshadowed by Messi H2H in every CL encounter.
    seriously though, what is your argument on behalf of messi now? he has been shit at PSG and in his last years at barca he was also unable to make a difference. the only bright spot on his resume over the last 3-4 years is the copa (america) victory

he is walking around doing little at PSg (which has a much stronger squad than barca) just like he was doing here. i dont see what excuses there are to make
    xavi really needs to punch someone

est. 2009 dont let my join date fool you