Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

You're welcome
I have read about the 50% wage reduction rule on multiple occasions, but have yet to see a reliable source confirming its existence. Maybe someone on here could share? Complicating matters, Messi was a free agent.

The 50% wage reduction rule was proven to be bollocks.....if I am right.

malvolio

The 50% wage reduction rule was proven to be bollocks.....if I am right.

that is not even an information provided by club or messi. just a rumor off the internet. doesn't even matter in this case really.

what does matter is the fact laporta went into that meeting and told messi's father that there won't be any offer for his son. no 50%, no 30%, no 10% or 0.

but that clown then has the audacity to come in and say he would have liked if messi proposed himself for free.

vegitot

Can anyone name me a player in history play for free for whole club season??? Not even mention a top player.

Loyalty lol. Anyone who try to split this nonsense, do you guys work for free the whole year for your company or go to another one with better offer???

Horatio

You're welcome
that is not even an information provided by club or messi. just a rumor off the internet. doesn't even matter in this case really.

what does matter is the fact laporta went into that meeting and told messi's father that there won't be any offer for his son. no 50%, no 30%, no 10% or 0.

but that clown then has the audacity to come in and say he would have liked if messi proposed himself for free.

It wasn't a rumour if I recall. Somebody misinterpreted the rules and regulations of La Liga. I remember the post was accompanied by photos of the rule book.

malvolio

It wasn't a rumour if I recall. Somebody misinterpreted the rules and regulations of La Liga. I remember the post was accompanied by photos of the rule book.

rumor as not official information. not from the league, club or player directly.

Messigician

" Messi is furious with Laporta's interview and is planning a response"

Him and Barto should work together to take down Laporta

serghei

" Messi is furious with Laporta's interview and is planning a response"

Him and Barto should work together to take down Laporta

Messi should mind his own business. He's playing for PSG now and he should focus on his team. He chose the money as 99% of all football players do. Move on.

Mitchell1978

He earned 550m+ over the last five years alone. If we were to sum up his career earnings at FC Barcelona, I feel confident in stating that the figure is close to 1 billion euros before tax. Add sponsorship and ad deals into the equation, and the sum total surely reaches north of a billion euros. I don?t find it unreasonable to ask an employee who has earned around 1 billion euros in career earnings at the club to take a significant albeit temporary pay cut during hard economic times in order to find a mutual solution for club and player.

I agree with you that Messi?s market value is what clubs are willing to pay, which is why I said that he is free to make his own decision. In this case, he clearly chose oil money over loyalty to the one club that has given him everything (and vice versa, of course). If 1,000,000,000 doesn?t generate loyalty, what will? 😅

i still doubt that the 550m number is fully correct but even if so, at least half of that money went to the Spanish/Catalan taxservices

Jadentheman

I got the impression many in here haven't got a real job yet or haven't worked a day in their lives on a salary.

Might as well ditch capitalism and meritocracy if people are willing to work pro-bono.

I would have called my cable provider instantly when Messi would have agreed to work for free. Tell them that I want free football as players aren't getting paid anyway.

Sure, something like deferred payments or Laporta paying him in crypto maybe could have been agreed. But Laporta didn't offer shit and suddenly he's crying like an idiot in the media, thinking that Messi could have offered to play for free.

People need to also know, the highest level of sports in generally cost significant wear on your body. And it won't start appearing until after these athletes retire. Some of them contribute to chronic pain and injuries for the rest of their lives. Imagine Messi who day and day out, outperforms most and give it his all. His risk is very high especially now considering his age. Be glad he is even still playing because he could retire right now if he wanted to.

KingLeo10

Messi should mind his own business. He's playing for PSG now and he should focus on his team. He chose the money as 99% of all football players do. Move on.

:lol::lol: Someone from Barca comes out with a dig at Messi and he should be the one minding his business?

KingLeo10

Laporta didn't attack him.

So, let me get this straight:

1) Laporta already came out with an interview that speaks about Messi on matters of the past. When he should be busy with sorting out contracts of Fati and Pedri and focusing on finding us a top coach.

2) Messigician posts some troll take that probably isn't true or has been modified to sensationalize (given Messigician's history). But you take the phrase "Messi plans to attack" in a Messigician post as the absolute gospel.

Come on, dawg. We know you don't like Messi but this is approaching BBZ level of selectivity now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans