User Tag List

Page 933 of 933 FirstFirst ... 433833883923931932933
Results 13,981 to 13,992 of 13992

Thread: Lionel Messi

  1. #13981
    Senior Member
    soul24rage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7,319
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    This is what I've been saying for a while now. He has fully adapted this year. He'll renew for one more year in Paris and then leave for Argentina/MLS in 2024 is what I think.

    Laporta might be doing his best to recover his relationship with Messi, but I think it's a long shot. Hopefully Laporta's successor is able to do it so Messi can be a Barca-Ambassador or closely linked to the club when he has retired.
    That's what I think as well.

    If he does that, I think an option would be for Messi to come on loan during the MLS off season (similar to how Beckham did for Milan and Henry did for Arsenal) in the 25/26 season so that we can give him a proper farewell in the fully renovated Camp Nou.

  2. #13982
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,484
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Of course, nobody knows how he would do in August 2023, but shite like 'secondary role' and being a sub are fairy tales for cretins like Birdy.
    Leaks from the last 2-3 days talk about secondary role that he has to accept if he wants to return.

    The real cretins are braindead fanboys like you who think a team can still be top with him being the center.

  3. #13983
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    7,690
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Leaks from the last 2-3 days talk about secondary role that he has to accept if he wants to return.

    The real cretins are braindead fanboys like you who think a team can still be top with him being the center.
    I don't know mate, PSG and Argentina look pretty top to me. Barca with your boy Dembele on the other hand...

  4. #13984
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,484
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    I don't know mate, PSG and Argentina look pretty top to me. Barca with your boy Dembele on the other hand...
    Barca looks great this season with Dembele being the difference maker in chance creation

    PSG last year pretty top huh? With Messi as a corpse

    Argentina? LOL, as if you can draw safe conclusions from NT competitions.
    DEschamps who is an awful coach has won WC just by bus parking.

    You still live in the past
    Last edited by Birdy; 25th September 2022 at 09:13 PM.

  5. #13985
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    4,618
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: England
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    I don't know mate, PSG and Argentina look pretty top to me. Barca with your boy Dembele on the other hand...
    You can stop passively twerking for PSG like a cuck. The first good team they meet they're gonna get exposed.

    And Dembele has been terrific this season. Who's your dealer?

  6. #13986
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    7,690
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Barca looks great this season with Dembele being the difference maker in chance creation

    PSG last year pretty top huh? With Messi as a corpse
    Argentina? LOL, as if you can draw safe conclusions from NT competitions

    You still live in the past
    Yeah, we've been looking great since that idiot joined us. Last season we peaked with him as a starter.

    You're wasting energy on slagging off Messi, like he gives a fuck about your stupid demands. Get a grip Birdy.

  7. #13987
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,484
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Yeah, we've been looking great since that idiot joined us. Last season we peaked with him as a starter.

    You're wasting energy on slagging off Messi, like he gives a fuck about your stupid demands. Get a grip Birdy.
    Who cares about what he wants or not?
    I am setting the principles I think are the best for the club.

    You are not a fan of the club, but a fan of Messi.
    Didn't expect you to be able to see rationally through the matter

  8. #13988
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    7,690
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Who cares about what he wants or not?
    I am setting the principles I think are the best for the club.

    You are not a fan of the club, but a fan of Messi.
    Didn't expect you to be able to see rationally through the matter
    Because I am fan of this club longer than you are, I know better than to twerk for likes of Dembele.

  9. #13989
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,484
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    Because I am fan of this club longer than you are, I know better than to twerk for likes of Dembele.
    Since when?
    I bet I am longer than you

  10. #13990
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    7,690
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Since when?
    I bet I am longer than you
    1996

  11. #13991
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,484
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malvolio View Post
    1996
    1998, close...

    It doesn't matter how many years you 'support' the club if you fail the most basic test of all: whether you put club above player or player above club

  12. #13992
    Senior Member
    malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    7,690
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Romania
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    1998, close...

    It doesn't matter how many years you 'support' the club if you fail the most basic test of all: whether you put club above player or player above club
    Who says I'm putting player above club? It's not like Messi was Messi without Barcelona. Even though, as good as he was, a club would have surely taken him eventually and paid for that hormone treatment. We just got lucky to have him. Just like we got lucky to hit the jackpot with Guardiola and La Masia golden generation.

    As for his current status. He doesn't seem to be finished. If Lapoarta really wants to make amends(even though I doubt it) he can't bring him just to be a lucky charm or some mascot. Messi would not stand for that and rightly so, he is better than most of the players in La Liga right now.

    Discussions about how to integrate him are on Xavi. If he deems it's better not to bring him in because he fucks up our tactics then fair enough. But let's not act as if he is a finished player, because he is not.