Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temptation

I could live with Messi playing slightly deeper than Lewandowski for two seasons

Pedri and Gavi midfielder .. Dembele on the left , Raphinha on the right

Flat back four .. Kounde and Aroujo plus TWO decent fullbacks ..

Maybe get TAA for the right and Balde at LB

This way would be getting rid if Busquets which will please 95% of you guys

With all due respect and admiration for you as a poster, this sounds way too FIFA ish and not something that'll actually work irl.

Temptation

Flat back fours ruled the world not that long ago :)

What we are doing now does not feel right somehow

You have to consider the fact that this is Barca. A club known for it's philosophy and "way of playing". Pretty snobbish about it.

The formation you're suggesting used to be good for counter attacking style of play. It's a bit outdated for top teams unless you're manager is a genius who can make it work tactically.

Anyways, the formation isn't the issue. The manager being an incompetent exponent of nepotism is the real reason. The Spanish Ole.

Messigician

You have to consider the fact that this is Barca. A club known for it's philosophy and "way of playing". Pretty snobbish about it.

The formation you're suggesting used to good for counter attacking style of play.

Anyways, the formation isn't the issue. The manager being an incompetent exponent of nepotism is the real reason. The Spanish Ole.

Pep has played 442

So has Valverde for an entire season

Formation isn't the issue

It's the players and manager being average

Temptation

Pep has played 442

So has Valverde for an entire season

See my edited post.

Pep and Ernie were/are tactical wizards who could dissect games for fun and come up with solutions. Tactical nous is necessary.....

Zidane82

Pep has played 442

You just blew my suggestion of a back four out of the water despite it dispensing with Busquets !!

Please advise which of the players I suggested are AVERAGE..

I cannot wait to see your response LOL

Nazario1985

Even if Messi provides one season great assists what are we doing next season without him/declined Messi? It would just slow down the rebuilding if Messi comes back.

You need to win shit while rebuilding otherwise we are going to sell even more assets!

Finances do not wait and going for a shitty season again is a catastrophy.

I don't understand why people think rebuilding should take 5 years!! it's at most a season before you start seeing something, otherwise the people managing it are a hoax.

So, you need to mix it, current still good player with new rising stars while keeping an eye on the players you want to bring next.

And mostly you need good coach/s, AND a very good sporting manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans