Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I hope he comes back for 1 season, on low wages in a bench role so we can give him a proper send off. It would be a disgrace if he retires from football at PSG.

Messi will never accept the bench role. We said a few years ago when Messi and Ronaldo are old they can be still useful as a power sub. Ronaldo is 37 years old and still furious when he doesnt start a match. The ego of them is bigger than from Zlatan. Both would rather go to MLS than playing a sub role in a top club. The chapter Messi as a barca player is closed.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

At the moment (with Kounde signing), we're a stronger team than PSG.

The GOAT was by and far the best player in Barcelona history, but it's best for him that he chills in the French league and focuses on Argentina (and CL with PSG, except against us)...while we focus on longer term success little by little. Best for both parties.

Definitely deserves a testimonial in front of 100K Camp Nou, though

even without kounde this barca could beat PSG if Mbappe isnt in beast mode, PSG is overrated atm they should buy 1-2 top players if they want to win the beautiful cl trophy

soul24rage

Give him a testimonial match in a full packed Camp Nou when he retires.

Sadly, his era as a Barca player is over and I think Messi knows it as well.

Rassvet

just saw the highlights, Ney and Messi played as a great duo but can they do it against a good team....

Probably not. With new signings, they have a good midfield to go along with a very back four though. That with Mbappe in beast mode could make them one of the top contenders after City. Maybe a similar system to what Madrid used last year with Renato in Fede role could work for them.

Hakimi - Marquinhos - Kimpembe - Mendes

Vitinha - Paredes - Verratti

Renato - Messi/Mbappe - Mbappe/Neymar

MTL_Barca

Probably not. With new signings, they have a good midfield to go along with a very back four though. That with Mbappe in beast mode could make them one of the top contenders after City. Maybe a similar system to what Madrid used last year with Renato in Fede role could work for them.

That doesn't look impressive at all

Messigician

Trash team

Rassvet

It's a good 11. You guys are probably just underestimating players like Mendes, Renato, Paredes, and Vitinha.

soul24rage

This is a good solid XI.

I would put Ramos over Kimpembe in a big CL night.

Rassvet

The thing is none of the big 3 would agree to sit out and the team will be fucked.

It's not really a big 3 anymore though. It's more of a big 1 with Mbappe. I'm sure Messi and to a lesser extent Neymar will be guaranteed starters until the WC but I don't think they'll have enough sway to both start in the knockout stage if the team would clearly be better with one dropped.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

It's not really a big 3 anymore though. It's more of a big 1 with Mbappe. I'm sure Messi and to a lesser extent Neymar will be guaranteed starters until the WC but I don't think they'll have enough sway to both start in the knockout stage if the team would clearly be better with one dropped.

Uf these 3 will definitely start, Messi and Mbappe are safe and Ney will start because otherwise Messi&Mbappe will be furious. Di maria knew that and left.

Messigician

Barcelona will try to fulfil Xavi's request to sign Leo Messi in 2023.

@sport

❗️The relationship between Messi and the club is back and repaired. If Messi returns it would be out of a request from the technical staff.

@CatalunyaRadio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans