Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

Barcelona have not yet started conversations with Messi and his entourage. But they took a first step: admitting that letting Leo go was a huge pity. Now, the club want to sign him when his contract expires. [@verobrunati]

I'm stunned

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
More talks of Laporta wanting to bring him back. If this is ever possible, it would be under the assumptions that Messi will be on significantly reduced salary, perhaps just an 8th or a 10th of what he was earning before and the club sees a big branding and commercial boost due to his return. A probably a very short ceremonial contract like a year or something.

It would be great for the club and Messi to mend fences and provide Messi the proper farewell but practically, it doesn't make sense.

Rassvet

Breaking:

Xavi has asked Barca to sign Messi at the end of his contract with PSG.

Oh boy! This is gonna be fun if it happens. The sheer politics within the dressing room would be crazy. Popcorn transfer on the cards.

Relax, Messi clan might just be pushing this to distract from all the RL9 hype since he joined

Givenchy

I hope he comes back for 1 season, on low wages in a bench role so we can give him a proper send off. It would be a disgrace if he retires from football at PSG.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why would he want to come back? Barca is as much a shit show then when he left.

Because he might care about Barca while you don't?

If he were to come back, it would be for sentimental reasons for Messi personally too, not because he thinks we are going to win another CL with him or get him another Balon d'Or.

Tackle

I hope he comes back for 1 season, on low wages in a bench role so we can give him a proper send off. It would be a disgrace if he retires from football at PSG.

There is no scenario in which Messi returns and sits on the bench for the most important matches. Too much influence at club and good will among fans for that to happen.

KingLeo10

At the moment (with Kounde signing), we're a stronger team than PSG.

The GOAT was by and far the best player in Barcelona history, but it's best for him that he chills in the French league and focuses on Argentina (and CL with PSG, except against us)...while we focus on longer term success little by little. Best for both parties.

Definitely deserves a testimonial in front of 100K Camp Nou, though

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cheap journalism by Sport.

He's more likely going to renew with PSG for an additional year I think and then leave for either MLS or Argentina.

I don't doubt that Laporta want to rectify his relationship with him though. That interview of him couple of days ago he looked very genuine about doing that and while he knew it was necessary to move on I also think Laporta personally hate that it had to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans