Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

I don't get this whole debate. Feels to me that Messi haters/CR worshipers just want to make CR not look like this ego maniac who chased Messi his whole career.

Tbf it did a lot of good to Ronaldo.

Both have huge egos and chased one another.

Without doubt Messi will hate the fact Ronaldo has one more CL for example and desperate for another one.

While wanting to win for Argentina he is not oblivious to that being an argument for Ronaldo previously.

Ronaldo just more outspoken and gives less a fuck about coming across as a twat.

I
Regarding Ronaldo, without Messi, he wouldn't have become the goalscorer he is now known for. He would still score a lot of goals, but his hunger for goals would have been less, when there is no one to challenge him.

I do believe he changed his game because he realised in 2011 it?s so impossible to compete with messi & the only way to keep his name mentioned alongside leo is by scoring a lot of goals no matter how cause the media with him

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think he definitely is.

Especially during those early to mid 2010s when both were scoring 50 and 48 goals in La Liga.

Ronaldo does come across as a bit insecure at times with his need to constantly remind people that he is "The GOAT" unlike Messi but that's just what he is I guess and fires him up.

Those were incredible years, braces and hattricks every week. Hope to see a Mbappe/Haaland battle :hooray:

Rassvet

Lionel Messi wants to stay and play with PSG next season.

He is not surprised by the anger of the supporters and wants to give everything next season to win the #UCL .

(RMC Sports)

Tackle

Xavi: "Superstars who barely press or good players who run and press? We can't have a player in our team who doesn't press. It's very clear. Pressure is the basis of our game. It's non-negotiable."

So Xavi does not want him to return.

KingLeo10

Xavi: "Superstars who barely press or good players who run and press? We can't have a player in our team who doesn't press. It's very clear. Pressure is the basis of our game. It's non-negotiable."

Xavi coming into his own like Guardiola. Love to see it.

I'm sure Xavi would make an exception on this statement for prime Messi who was a generational talent and a demon on the ball (acceleration, dribbling ability, scoring). For declined, 34 year old Messi? Nah.

Messigician

Xavi speaking facts

malvolio

Where did you get that quote from? Seems that I can't find it.

Rassvet

My Coach

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Where did you get that quote from? Seems that I can't find it.

Pre-match press conference today. He wasn't asked specifically about Messi, but about individual players and Haaland and Mbappe in particular and their rumored moves to Real Madrid. He pretty much said that while they're great the group is what matters. A team that works hard and plays together is more important than any individual player.

malvolio

Pre-match press conference today. He wasn't asked specifically about Messi, but about individual players and Haaland and Mbappe in particular and their rumored moves to Real Madrid. He pretty much said that while they're great the group is what matters. A team that works hard and plays together is more important than any individual player.

Seemed to me that he didn't mention a specific individual and text posted here was not the original one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans