Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Brazil are not levels above Argentina. They showed that at Copa America.

None of those other teams are great shakes going by euros either.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Argentina have a good, balanced team on paper.

Great GK. Two very good CBs. Their FBs are alright. Good midfield and a setup that works around Messi's lack of workrate even though he does seem to put in a shift for Argentina.

Not sure why anyone would write them off. I think @Birdy disliking Messi for whatever reason is clouding his judgement.

KingLeo10

LOL :lol:
Delusional or Trolling

Not even close...
England, Germany, Italy, Spain, Brazil many levels above

You're getting annoying these days with your blatant dismissals of what others would call reasonable opinions.

I would expect more humility and less absolutism in "opinions" after you serving up clown takes like RM will beat PSG 2-0 easily in Paris only for none of that to happen...just to give an example.

You have some good ideas (as I and others have admitted; mainly concerning modern philosophy of football and EPL), but you also have some absolute clown takes. But for some reason, pretend the latter doesn't exist when I can just easily pull the receipts :lol:

Last edited:

DonAK

Not to forget this Argentina NT is new and plays with a different mentality. Winning that Copa America have also led to them playing freely without all that weight bearing down on their shoulders.

soul24rage

There is a lot of underrating of Argentina and honestly I'm fine with that.

Argentina has the team to give a competitive game against any top teams imo.

Birdy

You're getting annoying these days with your blatant dismissals of what others would call reasonable opinions.

I would expect more humility and less absolutism in "opinions" after you serving up clown takes like RM will beat PSG 2-0 easily in Paris only for none of that to happen...just to give an example.

You have some good ideas (as I and others have admitted; mainly concerning modern philosophy of football and EPL), but you also have some absolute clown takes. But for some reason, pretend the latter doesn't exist when I can just easily pull the receipts :lol:

OK, it's a clown take that a meh Argentina who have no other opponent than Brazil in Copa America - and who happened to be not in their best last summer - is not at the level of the powers mentioned??
Think about it

DonAK

Last I checked France looked like shit and went out to Switzerland and Italy have been struggling to get to the World Cup.

European teams aren't all that. Spain lack a proper goalscorer to make a difference too. Germany struggle with the same. No proper goalscorer.

Both Brazil and Argentina have a big chance for this one. They are ascending teams.

soul24rage

OK, it's a clown take that a meh Argentina who have no other opponent than Brazil in Copa America - and who happened to be not in their best last summer - is not at the level of the powers mentioned??
Think about it

When were Brazil at their best if not last summer?

fergus90

I do think Argentina are one of the favourites this time around. They have a real grit about them now. In 2018 you knew they had no hope.

It's going to be the first world cup in some years where there isn't a clear 3 or 4 nations ahead of the others. Usually you could pick out say France, Brazil, Germany, Spain because they've recently been the stronger nations and others like Netherlands, Italy, Argentina, Portugal etc weren't going through a good period.

But right now there are about 7 or 8 teams who could be in the running all who have their strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Look, if Spain 2010 or even German 2014 were in this competition, I would put Argentina as a CLEAR step below them because the quality of players is simply too much to surmount, even with cohesion.

But these iterations of Germany and Spain are not that impressive IMO. But, admittedly, if Pedri and Gavi continue their rapid ascent, Spain might be a good dark horse candidate. Especially with the baller Lucho at the helm.

Rassvet

Messi sees himself staying at PSG but does not like how he has been treated by the French media (Le Parisien)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans