Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

1 Ligue 1 goal is on it?s own not looking good, but so many unusually poor touche/passes. Looks like he plays with shoes a couple of sizes too big. Been like that since his first PSG game. Strange.

yeah, sluggish and many mistakes today.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Didnt see the match but according the comments it seems like he had dropped his level after two better matches lately.

A famous german youtuber who is doing videos about messi, barca and overall football for years is finally meeting Messi: 8:42

Rassvet

He's more an assist maker now. He's in post-barca mode now. You have to look at his other attributes rather than scoring.

Tru

Even as he’s been great for Argentina lately, he’s not actually been a very good scorer for them from open play. I think he has like 5 in the last 30 matches from open play and four of those were against Bolivia and the other was the attempted cross vs Uruguay.

He was still scoring a lot for Barcelona during that time though so I think playing in Barcelona and La Liga helper his scoring a lot more as well.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Tru

Even as he’s been great for Argentina lately, he’s not actually been a very good scorer for them from open play. I think he has like 5 in the last 30 matches from open play and four of those were against Bolivia and the other was the attempted cross vs Uruguay.

He was still scoring a lot for Barcelona during that time though so I think playing in Barcelona and La Liga helper his scoring a lot more as well.

his finishing is his best attribute so he needs to play closer to the goal, the dropping to midfield needs to stop

sickstar

He's getting better at psg, but at a slow rate.
First 8 matches (granted 3 of them not full minute) only had 3 goals. 3/8 G/C per game.
Now in the last 7 he has 3 goals 4 assists. 1 G/C per game.
So, statistically, he's getting better. But not the Messi level.

Edit: fun fact, Lewa is also not on a good level lately. More or less the same with messi the last 7 games. 5 goals 1 assist.

Meanwhile, Kylian is in a better term than the two, 6 goals 3 assists in last 7.

Last edited:

Rassvet

shit once again

he is 1st, 2nd and 3rd fiddle to mbappe. sad to see

Looks like you’re getting a pretty big W on this one dawg.

It’s funny to look back now on how Mbappe was described as the third wheel back in august with Neymar and Messi expected to be the bigger stars. Now I think Mbappe will probably have to carry the attack in CL for PSG to achieve anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans