Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's actually an overlooked point.

He arrived at PSG with barely any pre-season and has since struggled with a couple of small injuries. Everyone thought he was done last year too when he was sulking for the first few weeks of the season before he turned it up.

Jadentheman

MLS isn't even a football league. It's just some clowns playing hoofball.

Sounds like you watched the Matrix for the first time the other day and think you're woke. Calma, flip flopper.

My point is that whatever they're playing in the MLS is not football.

There's no tactical element to the games, no rhyme, no rhythm, no vision, no systems.

So why are we concerned about whether Messi can playing in this "league" or not?

i agree with KL here. i live in north america and keep an eye on MLS because my city is in the league. let me tell you that the level here is piss poor, well and far below even the worst European domestic leagues. hell, they dont even play on grass here, lol. there are players with donkey touches scoring tons of goals and defences making disastrous blunders every single game.

messi would shit on this league even at like 35% effort. itd be so fun to see him and CR in the MLS actually, in the same team. even without pace the quality of their touch would put them in goal scoring situations all the time. it would be a joke, really

I'm sorry, I will not let the MLS slander stand. There is still improvements to be made, but some teams do actually play attractive football. And let me remind you that Davies came from MLS and lit it up for Bayern in his first year.

KingLeo10

CR7 had 4 league goals in 17/18 until beginning of 2018 and everyone here was clowning him for scoring less than Paulinho.

And then he murdered Juve in the CL and scored like 25 goals in LL rest of the season.

Season is long, so everyone needs to calma with players of Messi and co.'s caliber.

Horatio

You're welcome
Issue with Messi is I don't even know if he is completely injury-free at the moment or he is dealing with reoccurring injury. Seems to me as soon as he feels "better" he will head out there and might not allow himself to completely heal. Could get ugly for the fans remainder of his career.

KingLeo10

I've actually been to MLS games (okay 1 :lol: ) and there is absolutely 0 concept of play. It's honestly bizarre to watch and in some ways, fun (if you like unpredictability).
[MENTION=11970]Jadentheman[/MENTION] Okay I will buy the case for Davies. But it's still 1 good to great player in the entire MLS. At this point in time, that'd be an outlier for the league, not the norm or expected.

CatalinR10

Let's hope The GOAT , the 6 times Ballon D'or , 6 time Europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in Spain , 8 times Pichichi winner , 3 times Uefa Best player of the year , Fifa World player of the year , The Best Fifa Football Player , IFFHS player of the decade and Laureus award scores against St. Etienne.

[MENTION=21723]Pedro[/MENTION]

[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]

[MENTION=4179]malvolio[/MENTION]

[MENTION=16735]bismp[/MENTION]

OGbarca

Banned
completely agree. ive been to a few MLS matches and i actually do watch it consistently in the summer months. there are no tactics whatsoever, no 'style' of play. like i said, every game features disastrous defending blunders that in europe are seen as rare, once-or-twice in a season howlers.

just take Alejandro Pozuelo, a la liga reject who went to the MLS and instantly became one of the top players of the league. and there are so many other examples. Zlatan pissed on that league and recently said he regrets wasting his time there since he can clearly still play European football

OGbarca

Banned
Let's hope The GOAT , the 6 times Ballon D'or , 6 time Europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in Spain , 8 times Pichichi winner , 3 times Uefa Best player of the year , Fifa World player of the year , The Best Fifa Football Player , IFFHS player of the decade and Laureus award scores against St. Etienne.

yeah, he better, lol.

the tragic thing about messi in france is that failing to deliver there (i.e. failing to score and assist consistently) will always be looked at with suspicion yet him actually playing well there and scoring wont add anything to his career unless he also wins the CL

damned if he does, damned if he doesnt

CatalinR10

yeah, he better, lol.

the tragic thing about messi in france is that failing to deliver there (i.e. failing to score and assist consistently) will always be looked at with suspicion yet him actually playing well there and scoring wont add anything to his career unless he also wins the CL

damned if he does, damned if he doesnt

If he does win the CL or not , It won't affect me that much since he's playing for PSG but will forever support him due to what he did for Barca.

Mitchell1978

"It makes me sad," Van der Vaart said, per Marca. "It's a question of desire. Does he [Messi] want it or not?

"When you compare him to Cristiano Ronaldo, one is fighting to take his team to the next level - and one isn't.

"Messi walks now and then. I look at him and think, 'Aren't you ashamed?'

lol, Van der Vaart is a fat hasbeen

Mitchell1978

We're really seeing it now! Remember when quite a few users would say what Messi does at Barcelona wouldn't be tolerated in any other team if he ever moved on from us? Damn, French media is going nuts on him especially PSG fans. It's insane, why now when he's been doing this for years? At Barcelona Messi walked around because "he was analyzing the opponent" (hi Valverde), and now the narrative has shifted to it's because he's lazy and/or has declined..?

It's just so bizarre seeing the media turn on him after they sang his praises for 13 or so years.

He ran around 8 km yesterday (so did Mbappe i think). His average the last few years is around that number, i'm shure he hasn't averaged over 9km since at least 2010 maybe ever.

He's never going to, all of a sudden, run more, lol certainly not for a team that just an employer for him.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It's not only how little he ran without the ball yesterday but how passive and slow he was with it. It's like he declines in that regard with every game, and we've already been seeing the signs since 19/20. It is sad to watch, it really is. Messi is just old. I just hope he has enough left in the tank for a last attempt at the WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans