Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

I don't buy this, sorry. It's a lot of posts to pull up but you definitely had Messi as one of the top two players in the world in terms of performances/play throughout much of the summer. Other being Lewa, obviously.

And all of sudden, since Messi went to PSG (after you were the one pulling that bandwagon the hardest lol), he's suddenly a bum system player based on like 10 games.

My current assessment of you is that you aren't a fan of any team/player in general and your MO is causing chaos on the forum. Which is entertaining, but gets old when the routine isn't kept up well.

This seems rather accurate

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My current assessment of you is that you aren't a fan of any team/player in general and your MO is causing chaos on the forum. Which is entertaining, but gets old when the routine isn't kept up well.

Considering the shite players he keep recommending Barca to sign that's a pretty fair assessment.

Horatio

You're welcome

I think he is a Messi fanboy before anything else. And I think his harsh criticism of Messi is partially COPE mechanism and other hand frustration for Messi not being up to his standards and football world starting to question his current abilities.

I said "I think" but I am pretty much sure.

DonAK

I'm pretty confident that Rassvet want Barca to fail hard just so Messi looks better.

He's definitely not a fan of this team. He might be a Messi fanboy though, the disturbing kind that is.

Morten

I don't buy this, sorry. It's a lot of posts to pull up but you definitely had Messi as one of the top two players in the world in terms of performances/play throughout much of the summer. Other being Lewa, obviously.

And all of sudden, since Messi went to PSG (after you were the one pulling that bandwagon the hardest lol), he's suddenly a bum system player based on like 10 games.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

OGbarca

Banned
I think he is a Messi fanboy before anything else. And I think his harsh criticism of Messi is partially COPE mechanism and other hand frustration for Messi not being up to his standards and football world starting to question his current abilities.

i understand that. busi is one of my all time favourties and for years now ive had a very hard time accepting just how poor, by comparison, he is today (though he did have a good game, i thought, against benfica) ...its sad to see the players u were once most excited by fall flat

Rassvet

Unlike many on here, I’m just capable of reevaluating things and accepting when I was wrong.

During much of Valverde’s time here, I thought he was a terrible coach holding back our incredible squad and that we would be dominating Europe with brilliant football under a different coach. Then he left, the team actually got much worse, none of the players he held back improved, and I had to change my stance accordingly.

Likewise, during Messi’s last 12-18 months at Barca, I thought he was still the best player in the world or close to it but the problem was all the teammates around him and that he would dominate anywhere else. Since then, I’ve seen how he has done at psg AND seen the style of football that most top teams now play with and realized that I was a bit deluded while the likes of BBZ and others on here were right.

DonAK

FWIW I don't think Messi is finished, but he's definitely declined considerably from the 2018/19 season where we should have won the CL.

As for PSG then their front line have to press or at least try to close down passing lanes as the first line of defence if they want to win the CL, but I am seeing major issues in both midfield and defence for them too, and that keep happening even when Neymar and/or Messi isn't playing.

Pochettino might be a very good manager for certain sides, but his lack of winning pedigree and him having to mould a side to his liking means he's far from an ideal fit for that team. They need to win now. They don't have time for Poch to develop the team into what he ideally want. Someone like Zidane might be better simply because of his stature where he might engage Messi more to press :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

i understand that. busi is one of my all time favourties and for years now ive had a very hard time accepting just how poor, by comparison, he is today (though he did have a good game, i thought, against benfica) ...its sad to see the players u were once most excited by fall flat

true, everybody hates it when their favourite player or one of their favourite player starts to decline. Its human.

Rassvet

Somewhat tru

I'm pretty confident that Rassvet want Barca to fail hard just so Messi looks better.

He's definitely not a fan of this team. He might be a Messi fanboy though, the disturbing kind that is.

Not tru at all

KingLeo10

That's fair and possible.

I will add that as a Messi fan who experienced both the highs and lows of 00s and 10s, it's important to separate the player's achievements/failures from what how you go about your day to day life. That's the dividing line between a fan and a fanboy IMO.

A lot of these guys (Messi, CR7 level) won't ever be forgotten (for their football achievements) until humans as a species live...a few big losses here or there do jack shit to the overall legacy, and the actual ones who get conned are the ones who debate the legacies of these players on a day to day basis (it's fun to do so every now and then but I mean hardcore dedication).

Horatio

You're welcome
Don't think Messi is finished either. Think he can Ligue 1 apart and have good contribution in CL.

He is already looking better since injury. Now he needs to more effort behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans