Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnotkeith

PSG this year was a project doomed to fail. You can't have 3 massive superstars on one front-line that all need the ball 99% of the time and that have superstar personalities, it just won't work. Chelsea were so successful because their team is so balanced and everyone has their role, it works well together.

Mbappe and Neymar are guys who already struggled to work together at points because of how ball-demanding they are, then you throw in Messi who at Barca literally just had the ball passed to him every attack. Doesn't work. And these players are unbenchable else you risk a team riot. Tough situation.

KingLeo10

Unfortunately, as much as I like him, what he needed at this stage of his career was a disciplined manager with a CLEAR idea of how to play football. Pep or bust.

BBZ8800

i thought pochettino had some brains, but it appears he's an idiot.

sub made no sense, unless messi was the worst of the 4 forwards. which i don't think he was.

He slows down the play.

Without Messi, every team plays more versatile.
Psg can now play both possession and counters.
With Messi, you can play only one way = stop the world, pass to Messi who dropped to a pivot position and wait 20 seconds until he moves with the ball to the edge of the box and then try to break the bus.
Messi is inviting teams to park the bus and to neutralize him in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans