Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory

He's got that 'haven't scored my first goal yet' sort of vibe about him. Just needs to score and get it over with. On the other hand Lyon look pretty good, think they'd beat us, not that that's a difficult thing nowadays.

pregra

He has absolutely no luck. Could have got a Golazo two games in a row. Meanwhile the rapist gets goalkeeping errors game after game. Infuriating to see

KingLeo10

He has absolutely no luck. Could have got a Golazo two games in a row. Meanwhile the rapist gets goalkeeping errors game after game. Infuriating to see

It's because CR7 preys around the 5-8 yards in the box while Messi likes to keep dropping deep.

Messi is the best finisher in the world (or currently tied with Lewa and Haaland) but he likes to make it much harder for himself to score by dropping so deep now that he can't dribble from half-way line like in his prime.

JamDav1982

Messi wouldnt be nearly the threat Ronaldo is if he was in the box as often.

Doesnt have same movement or physical presence.

Both are playing to their strengths.

The PSG team look like they miss a focal point at CF a bit. The front three keep dropping and Lyon defenders just stay in shape and dont follow them.

If I were the Poch would be whipping off Di Maria for Icardi.. even though dont rate him that much.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Messi wouldnt be nearly the threat Ronaldo is if he was in the box as often.

Doesnt have same movement or physical presence.

Both are playing to their strengths.

The PSG team look like they miss a focal point at CF a bit. The front three keep dropping and Lyon defenders just stay in shape and dont follow them.

He used to make runs in the box on a regular basis during his prime. Look at the first goal scored v RM in the CL semis of 2011 for example.

JamDav1982

He used to make runs in the box on a regular basis during his prime. Look at the first goal scored v RM in the CL semis of 2011 for example.

He can make late runs in and has this game but hanging around their waiting for balls in like Ronaldo not worth it as better served way he is playing.

Not claiming he has never scored a goal from inside box in his career just he is not a CF that would wait for ball in like Ronaldo does and not as effective as Ronaldo if tried to.

Messi looks same as other night so far to me... looks dangerous and on verge of scoring/assisting but without playing well.

snowy

This is better! much sharper than vs Bruges

Chemistry starting to show already. I like this setup with 1 one of the front 4 dropping deep to aid with the quick transitions

Whilst Verratti is out, Idrissa and Herrera make a good combo :thumbsup:

malvolio

forget messi, i'm on the nuno mendes hype train. the kid will be worldclass in no time. and unlike that davies fraud at bayern, mendes has vision and passing.

eaman

Now there's another reason I don't want him at psg and that's having to listen to Jonathan Pearce on bt commentate on his games. First it was Ray Hudson in la liga and now him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans