Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messigician

Laporta kicked out Messi

Leonardo: "Messi's idea was to stay in Barcelona. We had contacts since January, but his desire was to stay. After his story with Barcelona ended, we contacted him again."

Wambo

rsz_1631740935310.jpg

I have seen social media and other forum posts where people are already ridiculing him and saying he is done. Posting edits, memes and what not about the last night's match. He seemed really happy about the challenge of a new club, league, cup, etc. just to experience the same thing he experienced here in the last 4 or so seasons. I thought winning the Copa would help him to overcome this mental hurdle of not being able to perform but maybe there is still something that is troubling his mind. I feel sorry for him.

Last edited:

malvolio

Wambo feeling sorry for a multi millionaire living in Paris, with a wonderful family, healthy, at the peak of his career, going down in history as the best ever.

Wambo is not a troll, he's just an idiot unable to process basic information.

Windhook

We were lucky to witness Messi in his prime playing for FC Barcelona. I don't believe PSG fans will ever witness his greatness, Messi seems uninspired playing for money and a club which he doesn't feel any sentiment.

BBZ8800

I thought that he was done last season, but he managed to overturn the season.
But this time, he is even older = 34

So, I guess that we will see a very declined Messi this season.
Plus there are 2-3 other factors:
1. Messi was at home at Barca and in La Liga.
He never played in another league, so it will be difficult.
Plus, he was the master of La Liga, while teams play differently in France.
2. also, for years, Messi was meh or bad in away European KO matches when we would face the opponents of different playing styles to technical La Liga.
To some extent, every match for Psg will feel like = an away European game for him from now on.
3. and then, there is an element of hapiness. He has spent his whole career at Barca.
And we know that he was sometimes moody due to being = angry, not satisfied with off field club's problems, due to Argentina NT pressure, saving himself for a World cuup or sulking when we were losing.

When you sum it all: age, new club, new city, new country, new league, new dirtier opponents, a part of fans jumping on him = this will probably be a season much closer to a level of a 34-35 years old man.

I am sometimes too harsh on him (due to fans twisting stats and everything in Messi vs Cr7 debate, even laughing to another 36 years old granny who should be barely walking by now), but he is nearing his end.
I am even surprised that he managed to pull one more world class season last year, because probably 95% of top players are finished by this age.
Zlatan and Cr7 are extremely rare breed.
But even those two changed their game and turned into granny poachers using their experience and good positioning in the box, and offering more or less nothing else.
Since Messi is not basing his game on positioning and tap ins, it will be even harder for him to stay on Zlatan's and CR7's poacher's level.

KingLeo10

2. also, for years, Messi was meh or bad in away European KO matches when we would face the opponents of different playing styles to technical La Liga.
To some extent, every match for Psg will feel like = an away European game for him from now on.
3. and then, there is an element of hapiness. He has spent his whole career at Barca.
And we know that he was sometimes moody due to being = angry, not satisfied with off field club's problems, due to Argentina NT pressure, saving himself for a World cuup or sulking when we were losing.

When you sum it all: age, new club, new city, new country, new league, new dirtier opponents, a part of fans jumping on him = this will probably be a season much closer to a level of a 34-35 years old man.

I am sometimes too harsh on him (due to fans twisting stats and everything in Messi vs Cr7 debate, even laughing to another 36 years old granny who should be barely walking by now), but he is nearing his end.
I am even surprised that he managed to pull one more world class season last year, because probably 95% of top players are finished by this age.
But even those two changed their game and turned into granny poachers using their experience and good positioning in the box, and offering more or less nothing else.
Since Messi is not basing his game on positioning and tap ins, it will be even harder for him to stay on Zlatan's and CR7's poacher's level.

He'll score 35+ goals this season and I'll be here next September to hand you a juicy L.

:lol:

serghei

When you sum it all: age, new club, new city, new country, new league, new dirtier opponents, a part of fans jumping on him = this will probably be a season much closer to a level of a 34-35 years old man. Most of the others want to be the showrunners.

You raise some good points. Barca was effectively playing for Messi in the last years. Don't think PSG will do that, and even if they do, it will take time for the other players to learn how to adjust to him, and he'll be too old by that point.

Last night he was bumping into both midfielders, bumping into Neymar etc, thinking that these players will get out of the way and let him run the show from basically every position his majesty desires to occupy. Very much like at Barca. Only Mbappe seems happy to do the work off the ball from their starting attacking line. He is PSG's best player by a good margin.

Last edited:

Sailor Mars

Messi has played something like 2 games with a new team and fans are already writing him off. Hilarious. Can take a dozen or so games to build a decent level of chemistry with new teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans