Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

Messi is a bit like Federer in that regard, who refused to have top-class coaches throughout his peak until he hired Ljubicic at the very end. Ljubicic worked with him and adapted the style to suit his old legs better (taking shots sooner, more aggressive, not to mention the backhand improvements) when Federer made that last comeback.

Messi had a good coach in Pep, but ever since he chooses coaches who have it his way and plays the way he wants. Not saying he didn't do well enough that way, but I'm sure he could've done better.

Come on man. Not the Messi chooses coaches bullshit again. What coaches did he choose at Barca?

fergus90

I think any notion he was just gonna leave a club he's been at for 2 decades and just seamlessly fit in and start playing treble winning football was more delusion than reality.

He will need quite a bit of time to settle.

I also think since the Copa America his focus may well be one last shot at the World Cup anyway.

Joan

Come on man. Not the Messi chooses coaches bullshit again. What coaches did he choose at Barca?

It's a bad choice of words, didn't want to imply he literally chose them. Even though I'm not certain about Tata.

But it's a fact all post-Pep coaches Barca hired were nannies before managers who adapted the concept according to big stars' wishes. Bar Lucho's first season, but he couldn't keep it up.

JamDav1982

Messi lost ball more than anyone in Barcas history so it is part of the game when ask him to open it up.

On rare occassion he doesnt score/assist doesnt look good but every creative player gives ball a way a lot if trying to open game up.

Messi will find his feet and Poch will find a system. It took Suarez months to start scoring regularly as part of MSN. Takes time.

Interesting part will be to see if when it does click what rest of team looks like against better sides.

malvolio

It's a bad choice of words, didn't want to imply he literally chose them. Even though I'm not certain about Tata.

But it's a fact all post-Pep coaches Barca hired were nannies before managers who adapted the concept according to big stars' wishes. Barc Lucho's first season, but he couldn't keep it up.

Tata was brought in by Rosell as to make out Messi wanted him. He didn't even knew the guy.

While our manager recruitment was bad, it followed the same pattern as always - Spanish speaking, former club player or Dutch.

See Rijkaard, Van Gaal, Serra Ferrer, Rexach etc

Last edited:

Givenchy

PSG is a big fucking mistake. Neymar looks in retirement mode, Mbappe doesn't want to be there and Messi is in walking mode as per usual. I hope he does well in the end but gotta admit I'm glad I don't have to watch this walking nonsense for Barca anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans